Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
The roads and highways are in the worst condition I can every remember as a lifelong Maryland resident, debris on the roadways are everywhere, potholes abound. We need more assistance from the Federal Government to assist in these projects instead of sending taxpayers money to whatever country has had the latest national tragedy. Americans need to be taken care of before we care about anybody else. When was the last time someone sent aid to the USA when we had a National Disaster? It doesn't happen, why are we the worlds welfare? Somebody has to take back this country from the profiteers. I will get off my stage now, just fed up with what has become of my once great nation. Now........................

·
Registered
7,482 Posts
I rarely go anywhere I have to pay tolls, but I have to pay sales tax everyday. Why not roll that back a couple percent and benefit everybody? and why is there an extra 3 percent sales tax on beer?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Thank you Governor Hogan for delivering on yet another campaign promise, much appreciated. Also, thanks for saving Baltimore from burning down amid the incompetence last week.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Republican! Yeah baby! Libtard OweMalley wants to be president.
Wasn't it the repubs who claimed that our children will pay in the future for what the dems are doing now, LOL. Miller has a point, Hogan is grandstanding with these cuts, Where will the lost revenue come from. Something or someone will have to make up the difference. Fiscal responsibility will come back to bite Hogan. There isn't enough money now to fix roads, hire educators , or fix the problems of the bay. Wake up, it's all political gamesmanship to make the dems look bad. They already look bad, that's why Hogan is in office, LMAO.

People of MD have suffered enough, wait and see who pays the piper for revenue cuts, SMH.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
So happy when the goof O malley left. He is a legend in his own mind.thank you Gov hogan.hey kidz want a hanky.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
I am so happy he lowered the tools and created a 250 million deficit in the MTA!

This is so cool!

The Harry Nice Bridge in Southern MD was built in 1940 and has not be replaced due to a lack of funding. It is a huge bottleneck on Fridays & Sundays. It is pretty much unsafe. It should have been re[placed 20 years ago.

With a a 250 million deficit, I will get a huge thrill sitting in traffic each time I cross wondering if it will fall, and I can bond with my the people in my car every time we sit there for an hour waiting to cross...

Wake up people! This isn't about Republicans or Democrats - it's about our nations failing infrastructure - especially bridges. How do you replace bridges with less money? Answer that please...

"Over two hundred million trips are taken daily across deficient bridges in the nation's 102 largest metropolitan regions. In total, one in nine of the nation's bridges are rated as structurally deficient, while the average age of the nation's 607,380 bridges is currently 42 years. The Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) estimates that to eliminate the nation's bridge deficient backlog by 2028, we would need to invest $20.5 billion annually, while only $12.8 billion is being spent currently. The challenge for federal, state, and local governments is to increase bridge investments by $8 billion annually to address the identified $76 billion in needs for deficient bridges across the United States."

The 74-year-old two-lane bridge spans the Potomac River along Rt. 301 in southern Charles County to King County, Virginia. Currently, the bridge handles about 18,000 vehicles daily. Traffic is expected to more than double by 2030.
The proposed replacement includes four lanes for traffic as well as designated paths for bicyclists and pedestrians. The bridge is slated to be built parallel to the current span. Cost of the replacement is projected to approach $1 billion.

10 mile back ups uncommon!

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Wasn't it the repubs who claimed that our children will pay in the future for what the dems are doing now, LOL. Miller has a point, Hogan is grandstanding with these cuts, Where will the lost revenue come from. Something or someone will have to make up the difference. Fiscal responsibility will come back to bite Hogan. There isn't enough money now to fix roads, hire educators , or fix the problems of the bay. Wake up, it's all political gamesmanship to make the dems look bad. They already look bad, that's why Hogan is in office, LMAO.

People of MD have suffered enough, wait and see who pays the piper for revenue cuts, SMH.
Maybe we could CUT THE SPENDING? Let those who have been RECEIVING, receive less? Wouldn't that work? maybe not for the Dems, but works for me.........I wouldn't receive any less and now I'm not paying as much.....WIN, WIN as I see it.

·
Registered
58 Posts
First off get it right if you going to make a stupid comment....its MDTA not MTA. MTA runs the monkey mover buses....they are prolly in debt because the government pay all the bus fares.

I do a lot of work for MDTA on the finance side.They have money and on top of it they receive not one dime from tax payer money all the facilities are run off toll money only. Just so everyone has the facts straight MDTA who controls all Maryland tolls ONLY operates and repairs the following...SHA (tax funded controls the rest): Bay Bridge, both Baltimore tunnels, key bridge, nice bridge, hatem bridge, ETL and ICC.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Maybe we could CUT THE SPENDING? Let those who have been RECEIVING, receive less? Wouldn't that work? maybe not for the Dems, but works for me.........I wouldn't receive any less and now I'm not paying as much.....WIN, WIN as I see it.
It will be interesting to see what areas take the hit to recoup money lost by promises kept. Glad your comfortable, so am I, it's great to be in that position. But the BS between dems and repubs have hurt the state of Md. Those boys are getting rich off the people of MD. and the people let them play their games. Those closest to the politicians also reap benefits(it the way of politics). The average Marylander is taking the beating and not knowing who to believe.

Time will tell, Hogan can do no wrong because his policies haven't had time to actually go into effect. While people piss and moan about owemalley, the state of Md has done what was needed to pay for the costs to keep it running. Erhlich did nothing while he was gov.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
First off get it right if you going to make a stupid comment....its MDTA not MTA. MTA runs the monkey mover buses....they are prolly in debt because the government pay all the bus fares.

I do a lot of work for MDTA on the finance side.They have money and on top of it they receive not one dime from tax payer money all the facilities are run off toll money only. Just so everyone has the facts straight MDTA who controls all Maryland tolls ONLY operates and repairs the following...SHA (tax funded controls the rest): Bay Bridge, both Baltimore tunnels, key bridge, nice bridge, hatem bridge, ETL and ICC.
It's true about them supporting themselves with toll revenues. But it will also be true that they will make less money with this reduction, what they cover will not miraculously be in great shape for years to come. They're going to need repairs and the repairs aren't cheap.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
"Over two hundred million trips are taken daily across deficient bridges in the nation's 102 largest metropolitan regions. In total, one in nine of the nation's bridges are rated as structurally deficient, while the average age of the nation's 607,380 bridges is currently 42 years. The Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) estimates that to eliminate the nation's bridge deficient backlog by 2028, we would need to invest $20.5 billion annually, while only $12.8 billion is being spent currently. The challenge for federal, state, and local governments is to increase bridge investments by $8 billion annually to address the identified $76 billion in needs for deficient bridges across the United States."
So 200 Million trips daily at only $1 per trip (when is the last time you went over a toll bridge for $1? Most are $4 minimum) is $73 BILLION annually. At ONLY $1 that's 3.8 times what they NEED ($20Billion), and more than 5.7 times ($12.8 Billion) what they are now spending. And it's only 3 Billion short of the entire NEEDS. On average they are likely taking in 3 or 4 times this amount. I mean look at the Toll rates for the Bridge you mentioned - $6 to $45!

WTF is happening with all the tolls being collected? Spending 1/20th of the money collected? Where is the other 19/20th's going?

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
So 200 Million trips daily at only $1 per trip (when is the last time you went over a toll bridge for $1? Most are $4 minimum) is $73 BILLION annually. At ONLY $1 that's 3.8 times what they NEED ($20Billion), and more than 5.7 times ($12.8 Billion) what they are now spending. And it's only 3 Billion short of the entire NEEDS. On average they are likely taking in 3 or 4 times this amount. I mean look at the Toll rates for the Bridge you mentioned - $6 to $45!

WTF is happening with all the tolls being collected? Spending 1/20th of the money collected? Where is the other 19/20th's going?
Management and employees, LOL

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.