Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its February and its slow. Anyway....

Watching the 12:00 Noon news and they show PeterPan Peanut Butter recall. Anything on the lid that starts with 2111, should be thrown away.

So I get my fat ass off the couch and look in the pantry.. And don't cha know, I have one. We use it for the dogs and their pills. So you might wanna look...

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
Choosy Mom's Choose Jiff

You know... this was on the top of my to do list for today...

"Start thread about peanut butter"

Damn you for beating me to the punch!

·
Registered
6 Posts
peter pan...woes

Thanks Echo,
Just checked my pantry and the jar I bought this week at Walmart had the 2111 prefix.
Thanks for the heads up!

gas:eek:

·
Registered
12,813 Posts
Brian ,peanut is one of my favorite foods.This morning my wife told me of the recall,infact she went to check my stash and low and behold everthing I got is on the recall.Now I`m going through withdraw.

·
Premium Member
7,830 Posts
So you have nothing else to do today except watch TV.:D I'll have to check the PB when I get home thanks for the heads up on that. You should be getting your flounder rigs ready you know the time is geting close.... :D

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Had me scared....that's half my diet. But I eat Jif.

There wasn't a recall on Budweiser was there? That's the other half of my diet.:D

·
Registered
167 Posts
REFUND

To get a refund, consumers should send lids and their names and addresses to ConAgra Foods, P.O. Box 57078, Irvine, CA 92619-7078. For more information, call (866) 344-6970.

Fin

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Knew I'd get some slack, but saved one of ya...

It was just one of those things" It will never happen to me" and low and behold..

One of my dogs was sick a month ago, wondering if peanut butter had anything to do with it..

·
Registered
233 Posts
I was wondering why the warden fixed me a PPJ lunch this morning. She said to enjoy and make sure I eat every crumb. I'm going right home to check the cupboards. Man-I knew she was being too nice.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Here's the big question. Why is it being recalled? Is it because they put some walnut oil in with it or is it more serious like some how there maybe glass fragments?

- Dae

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
OMAHA, Neb. - ConAgra Foods Inc. told consumers to discard certain jars of Peter Pan and Great Value peanut butter after the spread was linked to a salmonella outbreak that has sickened almost 300 people nationwide.

Lids of jars with a product code beginning "2111" can be returned to ConAgra for a refund, the company said.

The salmonella outbreak, which federal health officials said Wednesday has sickened 288 people in 39 states since August, was linked to tainted peanut butter produced by ConAgra at a plant in Sylvester, Ga. How salmonella got into peanut butter is still under investigation, said Dr. Mike Lynch, an epidemiologist at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

·
Registered
9,443 Posts
I had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich late last night. You guessed it.

My batch is on the list. In fact that was the third sandwich I have had out of that jar this week

I got on ConAgra's web site. They said to throw away the peanut butter and mail them the cap along with your name and address and they will send a rebate. Here is what they had to say:

Peter Pan Peanut Butter and Great Value Peanut Butter Products Beginning with Product Code 2111 Recalled for Possible Salmonella Contamination
OMAHA, Neb.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Feb. 14, 2007--ConAgra Foods today announced that it has taken the precautionary measure of voluntarily recalling all varieties of Peter Pan Peanut Butter and Great Value Peanut Butter beginning with product code 2111 imprinted on the lid of both brands. ConAgra Foods is working with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to investigate a statistical report from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) that these products may be linked to the foodborne illness salmonella.

While this affects Great Value Peanut Butter beginning with product code 2111, there are other manufacturers of Great Value Peanut Butter that are not affected by this recall.

"Although none of our extensive product tests have indicated the presence of salmonella, we are taking this precautionary measure because consumer health and safety is our top priority," said Chris Kircher, spokesperson for ConAgra Foods. "We are working closely with the FDA to better understand its concerns, and we will take whatever additional measures are needed to ensure the safety, quality and wholesomeness of our products."

If consumers have this product, they should discard it, but save the product lid. For a full refund, consumers must return the Peter Pan Peanut Butter or Great Value Peanut Butter product lid along with their name and mailing address to ConAgra Foods, P.O. Box 3768, Omaha, NE 68103.

Consumers with questions or concerns about the recall can call the 24-hour toll-free hotline at 866-344-6970. For more information about salmonella, visit www.ific.org.

ConAgra Foods Inc. (NYSE:CAG) is one of North America's leading packaged food companies, serving grocery retailers, as well as restaurants and other foodservice establishments. Popular ConAgra Foods consumer brands include: Banquet, Chef Boyardee, Egg Beaters, Healthy Choice, Hebrew National, Hunt's, Marie Callender's, Orville Redenbacher's, PAM, and many others. For more information, please visit us at www.conagrafoods.com.

Consumers with questions or concerns about the recall can call the 24-hour toll-free hotline at 866-344-6970.

Media:
Chris Kircher, 402-595-5392
or
Analysts:
Chris Klinefelter, 402-595-4154
www.conagrafoods.com

What I would like to know is if I get diarrhea will they send a secretary over to wipe my butt all day.:)

Dennis:)

·
Premium Member
8,174 Posts
whats up with peanut alergies? Howe come now and not when I was a kid? (Im 44)? I understand that most schools do not allow any peanut products brought to school?? whats with that?

·
Registered
9,443 Posts
whats up with peanut alergies? Howe come now and not when I was a kid? (Im 44)? I understand that most schools do not allow any peanut products brought to school?? whats with that?
Good questions. Heck if I know. I am 56 and I would bet half the **** I ate as a kid was never pasteurized, homogenized and probably not even washed.

I think the reason they don't want kids eating peanut butter is because it is making the little darlings fat.

I think what they fail to realize is that half or more of these kids today sit around on their fat little butts all day playing video games and such.

They need to get the heck out of the house and do something. Like fishing and hunting !

Dennis:)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts