Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello D Bay Board guys,
Our crowd is coming down to go Toggin on 10-14.
Any report on Fall Togladrites?
Comin in early Thursday 10-13 and going to work IR from the rocks, poor boy style.
Any tips/reports on whats up there??

Thanks in advance!
DB

·
Registered
63 Posts
Tog season has been closed for the last month. It reopens tomorrow 9/29. Should be really good action in the rocks. Green crabs and sand fleas are usually the best bet. Otherwise, small blues and dinks in the inlet. Should heat up real soon with the water temperatures dropping now. Good Luck.

·
Registered
5,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the comeback cmarsch03!
The cool down is 24 hours away I understand.

·
Registered
63 Posts
there shouldn't be any restrictions in fishing from the rocks, north or south side. the only thing that has changed is the camping area on the north side. they have fenced a big area off, but left holes in the fence to allow people to walk through to get to the walkway(railing) to fish. alot of people dont know, but everything there is still open including the marina. the bridge construction hasn't shut anything down. i actually might be down there on sat night chasing stripers or tog.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I am hoping to come up there the 7-9th to give my Mom a hand closing up for the winter. I will definately have tackle with, and post whatever happens. Tog/Striper hopefully off the rocks, at the price of gas, the boat is not going up.
Dave

·
Registered
5,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Revisit on Tog fishing.
Anyone GOT TOG yet?
Out trip with Capt Carry is next Friday.
It sounds like we may be able to cacth something at IRI on Thursday too.

Come back!

·
Registered
155 Posts
From the reports from guys that were out last week you should have no problem catching tog. Carey can always find tog. No one is better at toggin then him. Tog don't move around as much as some people think in the summer. 3 of us went out in August with water temp around 80, and caught 30 in an hour within a mile of the outter wall. Should catch some trigger fish on your trip too. Awesome eatting. Good luck.

·
Registered
5,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Posse,
Thanks for the reply and encouragment.
This is our "upteenth" trip with Captn Carey.
I just hope for good WX.
Thnaks again!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Well that's a funny question. We were there 2 days. First day we hit about an hour before high tide. Thats when we got the 30 tog. We anchored. Waves were 3-4, and when we turned with tide heading out the back of the boat was getting hit pretty good so we quit. Next day had to wait till after low because waves were the same, and we wanted to anchor up again. Wind was fighting the current, and we ended up drifting around the wreck. Ended up loseing 5 rigs between us, but picked up some tog. Finally got anchored up, and got 2 triggers, and about 10 short tog in about a half hour or so, before we headed in for some croakers. Out of the 30 on Saturday had 14 keepers, with the biggest being 6 1/2lbs. Caught them on clams, sand fleas, and green crab. 1 trigger on sand fleas, and 1 on crab.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Went out of Lewis this past Thursday. Went to the Starsite first and picked up 8 short flounder and 6 croakers. Then went to the Gympson Prince and picked up 8 keeper tog and about 10 throwbacks. When the current picked up we trolled stretches for stripers. Didnt catchany stripers but we picked up 2 blues about 20 inches.

·
Registered
5,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Our trip got cnxled. Bad wx Friday morning.
But, we had fun Thursday and Thursday night doin real grown up stuff like acting we were in our 20's again.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Sorry to hear about the trip. I tried going down today, and sat in the parking lot for 3 hours waiting for the wind to die, but it didn't. So we packed up, and headed back home. Been rough down there for the last 2 weeks.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts