Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Listen to this crazy story. Woke up Tuesday morning around 4:20 get dressed and drive to my farm to meet a buddy and try for mr. Turkey. Arrive at 5:00 and walk into the woods and set up into your tent blind that was already in place.

Right at 5:50 you can start to hear the birds talking. Have a couple of birds talking back but no real takers. At 6:50 a nice bird starts to come in but just won't commit into shooting range.

To my fault, I call to much. Need to just wait. Nothing more for a while and then it HAPPENS. At 7:30 my buddy and I hear something Right Outside the Tent. I mean right outside. We both stand up and take a peak.

Standing right in front of us are TWO WILD DOGS. Yes wild and dirty, they looked like chows. They were looking for the turkey making all that noise. These dogs were so quite. They were hunting!!! I heard nothing until they were right behind us.

AS I reach for my gun they both spooke and take off running. I have never seen these dogs before and hunt this farm alot.

I will shoot them if I get another chance. I am just wondering now how many birds/deer that they might have taken down.

Well after all that, we settle back down and ended up killing a nice bird with a 10 inch beard. 19 pounds. Will post pics shortly.

Anyone have any commits on wild dogs?

Thanks

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I rock!
1,056 Posts
Wild dogs and those ferrell cats .....I am one dog lover and let me say I would shoot everyone of those WILD dogs for sure.

I was hunting Monkey co., MD and was confronted by (not so wild but left in the woods all the time) pit looking chow kinda dog. I had shot a doe with my ML and was walking thru standing corn and he came at me. My gun already unloaded to. I made it to the open area of the fiels were my dad laid a sabot on his feet (Dad still did not have the heart to kill it) I want a bounty on that dog!

To many little kids in the woods these days for a predetor like a wlid dog to be around. Thats my .02.

Jason

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
I was quail hunting once and a wild dog sneaked up behind me and the guy in front of me told me to move over . I didn't know why but soon found out. The dog was about 10 yrds behind me showing it teeth and sneaking up on me. My friend shot him and he yepped and ran off. That was close!!!

moe

·
Registered
78 Posts
When I lived in Godforsaken SC for a few years, we HAD to shoot them there were so many wild dogs. I think we shot 80 or so that year that had no collars. No Collar = Dead Dog is what I say.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I was bow hunting last year in PGeorges County. Heard some noise and barking and watched as an exhausted doe fall through a thicket, being chased by a pack of 4 dogs. They were organized and ready to kill. I would have killed the dogs if they got close enough. I told the farmer to warn the neighbors who have several small children. They problably killed the deer it looked like a scene from Africa.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts