Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone know how this potential noreaster could affect the striper bite on the flats? do I need to be concerned about cooler water temps, lower visibility, etc.?

what are ideal conditions on the flats - wind, chop, temp.?

also, is this the right link I should be checking for marine forecasts on the flats -
http://weather.noaa.gov/cgi-bin/fmtbltn.pl?file=forecasts/marine/coastal/an/anz530.txt
CHESAPEAKE BAY NORTH OF POOLES ISLAND-
CHESAPEAKE BAY FROM POOLES ISLAND TO SANDY POINT-
CHESAPEAKE BAY FROM SANDY POINT TO NORTH BEACH-

thanks,
dave

·
Registered
167 Posts
I dont think this Noreaster should effect the flats much , unless it hangs around and dumps a ton of rain. The wind should be the worst part of it, it will be coming down the NE river like vengence. But its still fishable, I ve had some of my best days out there with wind...I dont like the flat calm stuff...I think it makes the fish spooky..my ideal conditions out there is NE 10-15 up on the middle of the flat in 2 ft of water...with an ebbing tide

·
Registered
855 Posts
The problem is not how much rain it dumps here, it's how much rain and snow it dumps north of us. All that run-off coming down the Susky eventually brings huge quantity of cold dirty water right to the flats. Might turn it back into a bait fishery for a while.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.