Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone please tell me what the weather and the fishing will be like out of Rudee Inlet this weekend, the 20th? My 12 year old son loves fishing but has never caught anything big. I really want him to have the best opportunity to catch at least one huge striper. We live in Roanke and have only this weekend or next weekend available this Winter. Which week-end would give us the best chance for fish? If we miss fishing in January, how long is the striper fishing good off VA Beach? Any help?

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
Tad Chilly this weekend and wind looks like it wind be kicking up. I dunno about a 12 year old out there.

Use this website for "decent" wx predictions.

http://www.wunderground.com/

Stripers are around as long as the water temp stays above 46 ish...

As for fishing reports, you've found the place, just check back often.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I'm weather watching for this weekend also and I'm just going from Richmond. It sure looks iffy - NW 20-25 with gusts to 30. Usually a forcast with anything west in it is ok from the hotels and south as the land mass blocks alot of the wind. But with recent reports being Cape Henry and north - Nada. I've been in front of Rudee and Damn Neck slaying the rocks in a W30 mph in my 20' with no problem. It was getting 3-5' out by the 3-mile line that day.
With coming all the way from Roanoke I would give it till next week - maybe a lesser wind and hopefully this cold snap will push them south a bit.
Just my 2 cents.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts