Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:))
Weather man was right for once and the wind shifted east and calmed down this afternoon.
Left Broad Creek around 1:30 and headed due east out the mouth of the Rappahannock.
Quite a few boats were working between and just past R2 and R1.
I knew the wind was shifting to the east and kept going. A little past half way to the cut channel found some birds all to myself. Caught several under 20” then finally caught a just over 20” on the stretch way back. A mojo / small bucktail and a mojo /hyperstriper caught multiple fish up to 19.5”.
The school played out after awhile and I head out to the cut. Stayed on south side and found more birds.
A couple small fish then birds were gone. Saw birds heading north. Looked through binoculars and headed toward birds. Just north of the cut a 51/52 there were a lot of birds (mainly gulls). Most sitting on water but there was a good sized group working. Got there, set lines and all three went down. Way back Stretch caught a 29” and the other were just under 20”. It was about 3:30 PM and headed home to clean fish and boat.
Beautiful afternoon and evening.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
Weatherman was right at 2R

The weatherman was right. I was out fishing with the wife at 2R and heard you on the radio about the fish at 51. Thanks for the notification on channel 68. We decided to head in around 4pm and noticed birds working near Piankatank #3 with several boaters enjoying the top water small strippers catching. We stopped and caught a few, nothing that we could keep. The wife's comment "Wow, no one commenting on the radio. Quiet." Yup, we were catching fish, so why stop to talk on the radio?
Thanks again, and congratulations on your 29.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, I guess I am a bit dyslexic. I meant 2R and 1R.
I have to admit that I did not call on the radio until I had my limit.
It is hard to troll by yourself in the birds with other boats.
Too bad about the wind today. There was a lot of bait and some birds with nobody around out toward 51/52.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts