Tidal Fish Forum banner

Wed Report= Killer LTJing day!

Fishing Report 
4K views 27 replies 23 participants last post by  jumbo1 
#1 ·
Made it out this am with my Ol' buddy John Henry....(He didn't get any hooks in his finger either...:D)
Water temp was 54* with SE winds around 10-12.....incoming tide and High pressure.I'm liking this....
Had to do a little searching but we found all of the LTJing fish you could ever want...
125-150 fish at least between us with only about a dozen that were 17".....the rest were a feisty 24-30".......man many 25-26" fish....lot's of doubles....
Lot's of PULLAGE!........We left'em biting.....:thumbup:
I was using 3/4-1oz jighead with alewive BKD...dropper fly above and John was using 1.5oz jighead with a small "specialized bait" deceiver....
A few trolling boats around also.....
Todays tip would be to watch whcih direction the fish are moving....calculate the trollers next move and get completely opposite of them...the fish will come right to you........
See trollers are good people to they move the fish to you........;-)
Dunkin Donuts must've had a great day cause each trolling boat had guys with donuts in their hands........We had fishing rods with fish hooked up on ours so we couldn't do that...I do like donuts though......:D

The fish pictured below were 28" and a 30".......
Had 1,000's of birds all bunched up in the beginning and as the day went on they broke up into pods like the ones pictured...saw some gannets today to...not working...they were looking....I was looking at them to.....:D

We had pelicans crashing.....birds splashing and fish rolling on top....fantastic LTJing day....can't wait to do it again.....
Had a fine example of what motor noise does to working fish....Had a couple guys fishing next to us...they had their motor running which drives me crazy....we were doing pretty good they weren't...I very nicely mentioned that "the fish are very flighty and that motor noise is not gonna help you"...
He said "Are you Mr. Shawn Kimbro the fish slayer?"...I said yes and you better dam site turn that motor off......:D
The guy turned his motor off and they both hooked up.......
I think Shawn has a good report too..."He's such a showoff".......:D

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
nice report Jamie, back to Wednesdays again, all is right with the world.

bigguns still suspended or doesn't matter anymore?

Trollers will have it in for you before you know it:D:D

About another month and we'll see you breaking out the big sticks again, or is that only in the spring??

TIGHT LINES!!

#6 ·
Yeah man! We got a tale of two rivers going on today, bro. Thanks for shushing those nasty engine-runners for me. Heard you do that last weekend too. I think we better stop yellin' at 'em though, either that or start fishing with some bigger boys. I got dibs on Chris and Burgess, cause one of us is gonna get our a$$ kicked!

#8 ·
You and Shawn have me confused on whether I should go North or South. I'll be fishing tomorrow PM if you want to join me for the northern trip which is closer to home and than south on Friday. One way or another I'm going to find them and I just got done painting some lures with my new motto. "Come to Mombo Baby". That Kill stuff is only going to scare the big boys you need to talk to them nicely to get them to bite. A lot like you do with the females.:yes::yes::yes: Forgot to mention I have my new St Croix Legend Tournament Edition locked and loaded. XF Action!

#10 ·
Dunkin Donuts has a troller special all of November-$5.00 for a dozen :D.

Sounds like you wore them out :clapping2:.Great tip on turning off the engine(s).

Hank - who cares which river mouth, your rocket ship can cover the whole bay in an hour :pp.

#11 ·
Jack..I love trollers...I troll in the spring and dunkin donuts are the best........:thumbup:
Most of the bigger fish were suspended at first than as traffic got heavy...they went deep.....but hey can't hide........:D
Don't worry Shawn they are good ol' boys.......... :thumbup:
Hank....I may be able to do friday..let me work on it.........

#17 ·
Mlag..About another week it will bust loose....when we start seeing gannets it's gonna get good real soon.........
jimmy...I didn'nt throw topwater...but at times they were rolling on top..
JP...Had a bunch just like it...fish are well fed......"Jumbo fish"......:D
Bill...But it's a good Blah.....:D
Cage...For sure

#20 ·
Jamie - did't make it down to the tank; thanks for the tip though. We found some breakers outside the EB then headed north to the bridge; nothing there. Headed to love point; lots of marks and bait but no takers for the fisrt 1/2 hour then at about 3pm; the tail of the incoming, they turn on big time. We had them until just after dark; they were all over from 25ft to 8ft. The average fish was in the high 20's and shaped like footballs.

Hank - you should definitely head north; you'll get em!

#22 ·
Man!!!!!

I knew as I was making the same rounds that evryone else was Tuesday afternoon/evening that Wed. was going to be sweet:eek2::pp but I had picked my day and that was it. It sounded like we did better than most Tuesday though. My bud Jeff and I got into them for an hour before dark with a couple 27'' and many 20-24" in my go to spot so I can't complain too much. As Shawn said it is amazing the difference a day can make! Nice job! Johnny O

#23 ·
Brandon we'll be sure to save a few of the small ones for you.:D I'll be down in Florida fishing next Thursday and will be there over Thanksgiving shame we couldn't fish together. Where are you heading to?

#24 ·
Hey Brandon...it's your favorite area to fish too.......:D
JohnnyO...Sounds good bud...you always seem to do well....thanks
Hank....Hope you're rested up.........:eek2:

#26 ·
My son and I were out at that time and it was amazing. I love chasing birds! I was told (in a nice way) to shut my engine off because they were very spooky fish. I just wanted to say thanks for the tip from the guy in the Seahunt CC. Caught over a dozen fish and kept two for the table!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.