Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to help from some folks on this board we planned to put our kayaks in near Swan Point yesterday to see if there were still fish around. We quickly went to plan B since the bay was blowing big and we headed out to Eastneck Island around 7. Winds were no joke in the river, even protected from the north winds but we pedaled our way around trolling storm shads. High tide was around 6 and we caught 8 fish before 930, all in 10- 15 feet, 30 yards off the 38 foot channel. One 24" and the rest 14-18. I marked countless fish in the channel holding deep but I'm new to trolling and haven't got the knack of dropshotting and snap weights figured out. Tried jigging but the wind was blowing that kayak all over while I was busy sorting out how to do whatever with a new Lowrance Elite 5 and untangling lines and hooks and having the usual awesome time! Despite the wind had a great day and the river and launch to ourselves. Diehards we are, we caught some perch at the dock and ended up snagging two large pizzas and a couple beers. Loving the look of that 10 day forecast!!

·
Registered
3,741 Posts
What size white Perch at that dock? I am out of white perch fishing from shore. Any one catching WP from shore this time of year?

·
Registered
825 Posts
I got to ask, but you don't have to answer, I understand. Where is that dock? Would like to try for some WP one last time from shore before they leave. I don't have a boat anymore. Thanks!
Using Google Maps, youll find that pier in seconds.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts