Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fish with the Dinosaur Club today, you know, if the lure wasn't made before 1972 and in the last century then you can't run it. Penn 309's are required as well. Started with a slow morning even with lots of birds working. About 1:00 things turned on and we had controlled chaos in the pit for awhile.:eek: Lots of big fish with the largest at 39 lbs. The TA Rag Mop got most of these. Hey, do think Best Inc. has any of these left I'm running low.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,198 Posts
The last one I had of those was...

...on my boat that burned! How about Cisco Kids? I still have some in Original boxes!!!:)

·
Registered
638 Posts
Great report and interesting to see what was used in days gone by. Tom, did you have a full head of hair when that lure was made??:D

·
Registered
750 Posts
Alou eels!! the "Cow Killer"- got a friend that for some reson couldnt say cisco, he called them "Crisco kids". aint seen a rag mop in a while either- thanx for the report!!

·
Registered
7,198 Posts
Pawpaw......

...not only a full head of hair.......but LEGS!!!:D

The Rag Mops, Alou Eels, Cisco Kids, Formachelli bucktails with an Uncle Josh's Pork Rind, Pet Spoons with Yellow feathers, Surgical eels.....were ALL the rage!!!

And the fish........they were like the candy.... GOOD AND PLENTY!!!:D

·
Registered
8 Posts
The earliest memory of fishing with my dad in the 70's was a day out catching BIG blues on Ciscos and Snakes, but in hind site that day they would have taken a Beer can with a hook in it, a total frenzy. We ended up with 10 fish, all in the 10 to 16 lb. range, I was just looking at the pics last week.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Craig, thanks for the ID, Alou Eels. I think I still have one bucktail tyed by Bill Formachelli himself. I know Irv Fenton's grandson can tie them just like Bill use too.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Yes,
I remember the days fishing with the Cisco kids and Rag Mops over near the eastern shore especially for the BIG Blues that used to show up there. I still have one of each left to use in future trolling trips.They certainly do work.:)
Regards

·
Registered
338 Posts
Great Report! AH! the good old days!:D I turned my Dad onto cisco kid, red & white back in78, man did they ever work great on blues!

·
Premium Member
4,887 Posts
Outstanding report and day on the water!

I've got a couple old rag mops, a few "Crisco Kids" (my Grandfather called'em that too.. LOL), and some Alou Eels that I found in my Grandfather's shed when he passed. I picked up some "Salty Boogies" and Creek Chubs from a guy that found them in an old battery box in his Granmother's garage. Those XXXL jointed Creek Chubs are POISON! I've been thinking of pulling the Alou eels... just too afraid of losing one.

·
Registered
785 Posts
We were out there too and I had an old broken back creek chub to put back but didn't get around to it. I kicked my last 2 Alou eels in the drink last week and I've been mourning their loss. Nice catch and thanx for the memories.

·
Registered
561 Posts
hey someone must have put a spy on our boat for the mid atlantic rockfish shootout cause that was our bait of choice. I like pulling lures that were born before I was, lol

·
Registered
750 Posts
hey Al, you wern't supposed to say anything about the salty boogies:cool: (i got first debs on em if you so choose to sell em:D ). Use to fish the bridge with a 3 way. Salty B on the short 3 ft one and an Atom 40/54 on a 6 ft one. Caught many a double header at night. I actually still have at least 1 maybe 2 around here somewhere ! Dave , where did you kick those eels over at?:eek: :eek: :D

·
Registered
311 Posts
Dang...I haven't seen on of those lures since I fished with my Dad for bluefish in the 70's...Brings back some cool memories...

B-SEA

1 - 20 of 20 Posts