Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
chirstened my mako today....double limits....and a hell of a shakedown cruise.

fished the 8mi. marker today had my 5 flounder (19-24inches) gudgeon and flounder belly. most bites were on naked rigs, but the biggest was on a black and red bucktail teaser.

slipped over to the 3rd, fidders on the bottom( fishing the pilings) picked up my seven in short order, nothing huge, but all were big enough to go for a boat ride.

as for the weather, it started at 2'-3' with a 4' thrown here and there, by noon it was 3'-5' out of the east, with 20 out of the SSE.

ive spent the better part of the last 3 years rebuilding my 23 mako, and even without curtains, i was able to run pretty good(18-20 kts) and it wasnt that unpleasant. im glad i invested in grundens...

nothing broke, everything worked, i even caught a few fish......:clapping2: :clapping2: :clapping2:

danny

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Blood on the decks during a shakedown cruise is what it's all about. Doesn't get much better. Kinda makes all that hard work worthwhile.

·
Registered
171 Posts
We saw you out there today. Great looking boat. Looked to me your boat did pretty good in that head on swell. It was a good day to do a shakedown to say the least.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Sounds like everything was on a positive note for you, tight lines on a good boat, can't ask for a better shake down cruise than that.
JoeB

·
Registered
10 Posts
Congrats on the shakedown. A successful trip on many accounts. Definetly giving me the itch with a report like that'

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool
481 Posts
FLOUNDER & Tautog

Thanks for the report and great fishing.
Bob

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
GREAT report....congrats on getting her back in the place where she belongs!!!! See, the hard work does pay off!!! All the sudden, I have an itch all over my body:eek2: ......LOL

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
That's a great trip. Got meat, and you know where you stand with your ride.:rockingreport:

·
Registered
750 Posts
Nice job and congrats on completing the rebuild! (I know what thats like). You have any pictures of your "overhauled" ride ? (Might as well show her off!)

·
Registered
610 Posts
see all that hard work paid off, thansk for the report and great to hear all was good

toby
:rockingreport:

·
Registered
4 Posts
thanks for the report.:rockingreport:

rock Crusher
the 8 mile marker is 8 miles out on the Bay Bridge Tunnel. you can see the bridge mile markers from the water:rockingreport:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts