Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Fished at the 8 mile marker of the CBBT this morning catching 11 fish total. 8 were keepers ranging in size from 19 to 22 inches. We tossed back 2 shorts and a release citation for my buddy Col. Dave Steele. :bigfish: His fish measured 26 inches and is swimming free for now. He decided to release it because we already had plenty of meat in the box. Congrats to the Colonel.:clapping2: :clapping2: Did I mention it was rough as $hit out there. Blowing out of the east at 20 to 25 knots. Not a bad way to start my first flounder trip this year.

P.S. I did catch my limit of 5 keepers while the other guys were slacking.

Dave

Attachments

·
Registered
950 Posts
Great job on the flounder citation and just making it happen on a less that good weather day. I wanted to try but with the forcast and what the winds were already doing at 6am I decided keep my little 18 foot boat in the drive way and work around the house. How big were the waves out there today?

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Nice job on the flatties! Those were some nice ones.:bigfish: I bet it was snotty out there.:eek:

·
Registered
391 Posts
Congrats on the nice flatties.
Good job on the release paper it would be hard for me to put a 26 incher back.
I wanted to go on Friday or Sat. but ain't lookin to good.

Al

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes it was "REELY" nasty out there. We were using squid strips for bait on our custom flounder rigs.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Nice job! Good to hear they are still there. I guess the old saying "When the winds to the east, the fishing is the least" was proved wrong again. Thanks for the update.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
were you guys on the parker or the shamrock?

those that fished earned theirs today...

glad to see/hear of a paper fish being caught...gives me hope...

danny

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey Danny, I have the Shamrock. Capt. Kenny George was in the Parker. He is tied up next to me a Bay Point Marina.

Again, The boat looks great and continued success on your Mako.

Capt. Dave

1 - 9 of 9 Posts