Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Launched at Ches. Bch. with jamie and Uncle Phil on my boat. Ran south past Breezy and tried trolling for an hour or two with no luck. Tried Umbrellas deep off the back of the boat and two tandem parachutes off each board. Zig-Zagged from 50' across the channel to the 50' line and kept repeating as we went south. After we gave up trolling we went LTJ'ing which is what we were really looking to do. We found working birds off the Gas Docks and pulled out a limit of med. footballs with Jamie getting the only over fish at about 30". Nice to see Andy, Ron and Charlie trophy. Most fish still had sea lice on them. Heard some good reports by other trollers so they are still around.

·
Premium Member
12,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
JB - thanks, we had wished we could have gotten a couple good fish trolling being there have been some good reports lately, thats why they call it fishing, sounded like the better fish moved north towards the Bay Bridge

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Pattern sure is different from last year...great to have some big fish up north. Glad to hear you got into some nice footballs.

·
Premium Member
12,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks, we caught a mess of fish on LTJ'ing equipment so it was still a good day for the first week in Dec., we were down to sweatshirts too

·
Registered
902 Posts
we trolled all over 78 and south
35 to 80 ft and back a few times,
did manage to put a 32" fat fighter in the box.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Thanks for the invite JP! As always, another good day of pullage with you! And I think I'm going to get used to this Wednesday thing...few boats, little wind and lots of feesh.:))

·
Premium Member
12,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
all 3 of us said that if you want to troll just take trolling gear and either come home a hero or a zero, we knew we could get a limit of smaller fish undwer the birds so thats what we did

·
Premium Member
12,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Phil - as usual we had a blast, hopefully I can make the CBBT trip in 2 weeks, depends on work, I still don't know what Jamie meant by maybee its not the arrow its the Indian:clap:

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I support TidalFish.com!
3,659 Posts
Good seeing you guys out there.

I'm a little disappointed in 2 days of feeshing there, but I have 'big' expectations.

lotsa time to get the biguns....when you are retired.
;-):D

·
Premium Member
12,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ron - your right, I guess we just figure we are going to find bubba each time

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Thanks for the report.

Will be going out for the last time this weekend.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Beat the heck out of a 6 hr meeting. Glad you got some pullage. Winterized my "bigger boat" last weekend. I'll try to scare a few your way with some shotgun blasts outta my johnny from the east side.

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
JP did you say trolling?:confused: In order for that to work you need at least a 25 rod spread and that usually does the trick. Talk with Francis and he'll give you a few tips on his setup that he runs on his boat. Its pretty impressive! I think it was something like 35 rods with asst. baits at different depths. You need to cover the entire water column and for that matter have at least a quarter mile spread it will certainly help your chances of catching the bigguns.:D

·
Registered
6,708 Posts
JP- How could ya go wrong w/the crew you had? I'm surprised they went along for the ride on the dark side. :D Great report:thumbup:...........

·
Super Subscriber - I support TidalFish.com
1,109 Posts
Hey J.P. ... Didn't realize that was you guys fishing next to me today... I was in the 21 Hydra sport.... I like your new ride... VERY nice....

Things picked up considerably later in the evening at the location closest to shore....

Sorry I didn't realize it was you and Jimbo or I would have stopped and shot the breeze for a few. Good too see you guys on the water... Mike

·
Premium Member
12,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
soggy - thanks and I hope you find them this weekend, good luck

moronehead - thanks, just don't shoot us:fishing2:

hank - we had the water column covered, I just got some bad intel or they just we not biting at the time

Leon - we just wanted to give it a try and we all agred that after an hour or two we would go back to LTJ'ing

Mike - I would have said helo also, I commented on your boat saying if it had a Mercury that it could have been LoneRanger, glad the shallow spot turned on, we got most of our unders there

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I support TidalFish.com!
3,659 Posts
Hey Shorty

didn't know that was you. usually if I get close enough I'll ask if tf.

otherwise I usually wave hello to everyone, not knowing who it is. Even if I know who it is, I usually forget by the next time, because I am so old.
:D

·
Premium Member
12,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ron, don't feel bad, I'm the same way and I'm still pretty young.:helpsmilie:

·
Registered
12,450 Posts
Wow...Mike you're not that short...wish I knew that was you....great talking to you anyway....now I'm not sorry we drifted in front of you.......:D
JP ...thanks for a great trip....worked out great...My boat is back home now where it belongs....:))
Really liked your new ride...will be a great CBBT and flats boat for sure...
For those who want to use this....:D
JP asked me what size jighead I was using....(I was catchin' he wasn't):eek:
I said maybe it's the indian not the arrow.......:D
I may have mentined that 5 or 20 times yesterday.....was a great Wed!.....
Phil...also enjoyed another trip with you bro.....be in touch...
Andy (Grandpafish jr) and Jimmy (Smellslikefish) thanks for the call for birds....think we got there a couple minutes to late....

1 - 20 of 33 Posts