Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our report is like others except we probably set a distance record for the day. Started under a few birds near Stingray light. Saw one small fish caught. Heard T Bear say he was headed for 42 so off we went. A few boats there and no birds. Caught a chubby 22" on electric chicken behind mojo. After nearly 2 hours decided to run north and run and run. Ended up in the land of the planer boards north of RP. Beautiful day, no birds. Lots of charter boats burning gas. Finally around 2:00 we foul hooked a beautiful 36" with a red and white stretch wwwb. Nothing else. Total for the day 2 fish, 75+ miles 25+ gallons of gas and good company with 2 friends on a beautiful December day.

·
Registered
699 Posts
I feel your pain brother....

we dragged baits all day too with one 22" fish to show for it. Tried Stingray, Fleets Bay, RP bouy, and the river. Finally caught the fish in the river as we were making the turn to head into Broad Creek. SLOOOOOOOOW Day. But your right, it was BEAUTIFUL!!

·
Registered
7,478 Posts
Great Bite it Up North!!!!

Looking at the Chesapeake Board, it sounds like the bite is still up North and headed this way. Some Charter Captains have been saying the same thing too.

Hopefully it will turn on soon for us. Remember Saturday is the Deltaville CCA VA Tournament!! The weigh in starts around 12 and goes to 4pm, so stop by for the awards!!

Tight Lines to All,
Kevin
Weekend Mistress

·
Registered
382 Posts
Did go to 42 first thing and had some birds but no fish. Picked up and ran to Cape Charles and trolled the rest of the day. Had two knockdowns and ended up with one 36 inch fish. A lot of eeling going on near the high rise and some nice fish were caught. Hope the weather is good for the tournament. I for one will not be fishing in it. Learned my lesson many years ago. If I decide to go Saturday I will certainly let everyone know if I get into anything. Good luck to all.
T-Bear

·
Registered
421 Posts
I decided to stay in the river Tuesday. Jigged up about 6 rock off Mosquito Point to begin with, maybe one or two 19-20, the rest short. Then trolled up to Towles Pt. Lots of bait in 50-60 feet from the surface down, but no hits until just before the point picked up a fish 20-21" that got off at the boat. About 3 p.m. now, and no fish in the box. Out to mouth of river, and saw some birds working around the Spike. Moved in and caught a fish on a cast bucktail, jigged spoon, then fly - all about 19". Kept to so wouldn't go hungry, then stopped at Mosq. Pt. on way in. Jigged up another 5-6 fish from 41', all small again. Nice day, but trolling was SLOW.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts