Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
During daylight hours? Mybe give the Hot ditch a try for spec's. or Williby for croakers. Owl creek for a chance at trout or flounder. For a different setting Bennetts creek or kiptopeke. Going to be a nice day, enjoy it.

Robert

·
Registered
41 Posts
Could not be more jealous; I was a heartbeat away from playing hookie myself. Hope you do well wherever you go... catch'em up!

YAKANDSURF- I am new to the yak fishing thing. My experience is in surf fishing. Owl's Creek is near my house and I have been interested in getting out there. Do you have any pointers for fishing that area (where to fish? what to use?). How far out towards Rudee Inlet would you go in a yak? Any feedback would be appreciated!

·
Registered
575 Posts
When you come off the ramp at Owl's Creek fish the grass along the banks near by. Look for deep holes too (if you have a depth finder). The best kind of spot is a point or mouth of a creek/inlet where there is a drop off and some current with still water by it. Look for any of those types of conditions for specs. Use a 4" white curly tail grub with pink tail on a 1/4-3/8oz jighead. Alot of people like Mirrolures too but they are to expensive for me. Gotcha trout killers work too. Trout like pink, white, and green. If the water is really clear, try something not as bright.

Don't bother going out past the marinas. You will wear yourself out.

Good luck!

·
Premium Member
773 Posts
Rudee Inlet, probably the easiest and most productive trout and red drum hole in early spring.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I've surfed Rudee inlet more times than I've fished it. I rember some overhanging structure from the VA. Marine sicence museum???...... Are there lights on the building and is that area good for trout etc. at night?

SURF

·
Registered
35 Posts
Owl creek public boat launch (Back side of Rudee inlet). Located off General Booth Blvd. next to the marine science musium. Its a nice place to start learning how to yakfish, but the parking can be a pain. Do not park in the musium parking lot. They will tow.

Robert

1 - 8 of 8 Posts