Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Planned to fish tomorrow out of Tilghman Island.

Fish Weather - Says 13mph at 8am and getting lower as the day goes on (Chesapeake Beach)

CBFOS - Says 10-12mph at 8am and going down under 5kts by 4pm (Popular Island)

Just finished watching the WBAL 6pm news and they say winds up to 20 and a SCA......:wacko:

Why such a big disconnect?
What's the popular opinion for tomorrow.

I saw Sailfish 27 will be out there with some HO's ....I'll listen for you on 68 brother.
I should be around 83-84 markers to start out.

·
Premium Member
26,184 Posts
I'm holding off launching until 9:00 - giving wind a chance to settle down some what.

Temperature is going to be about 15* lower - so you know there will be some wind with that cold front. Good news - most predictions show wind dropping as day goes on.

I tend to trust CBOFS a lot more then local TV news.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I read that local stations have a bias towards bad news, call it caution. They don't want you to remember that time you got caught unprepared. NWS is supposedly more "true". Not sure about Fish Weather and CBOFS. Personally I'm hoping the overcast makes up for my own late start. We'll be leaving the Bodkin at 6:30 OR sitting around drinking coffee for a few hours. We'll see.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK, I'll give a few of you a call once we get the lines set in the AM..... once we get out tomorrow on 68.

·
Registered
862 Posts
I'm planning on leaving early out of the Severn. Will hide out in the lee of the bay bridge until the wind dies down.

Hoping it won't take too long. Gotta be back at the dock by 3, so don't want to delay the departure.

·
Registered
1 Posts
fishweather is an app ill never use again. Went out to the mouth of the magothy sundya morning....fishweather showed 13mph winds and 2ft waves......legit 6ft rollers and 25mph winds. Worst day I have ever had.

·
Registered
177 Posts
fishweather is an app ill never use again. Went out to the mouth of the magothy sundya morning....fishweather showed 13mph winds and 2ft waves......legit 6ft rollers and 25mph winds. Worst day I have ever had.
haha i think 6ft is a little exaggerated lol. I don't pay attention to the wave prediction. Fishweather is one of the better wind apps I've found. Sunday morning had an incoming tide, against a 20 plus mph wind which most guys know will be nasty.

·
Registered
14,087 Posts
I am in Mt Airy and not near the bay but I went out this morning and it was dead still. Can't rely on any of them. I have left here at a dead still and the bay is upside down too...... Gary

·
Registered
45 Posts
Don't know about others but I got a belly full today.... started out at Breezy Flag was ironed flat out... so I decided to kill some time and shoot up to sandy point .. Windy with a light rain/mist there also but a tad rough for my small boat but doable ... get out around the lighthouse started putting lines out then came the downpour... now I was cold and wet the few lines I had out came back in and back to the ramp for me ...lol... sleep in the truck for like an hour 1/2 then tried again ...but by that time wasn't really in the mood anymore... (Don't care what anyone says, the trolling gods just don't like me...lol) Like always on the plus side I did see a cool Schooner ship pass by...
WP_20160427_13_14_28_Pro.jpg

1 - 12 of 12 Posts