Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of heading offshore this weekend... looking at all the various reports / forecasts...

What you all think... Saturday or Sunday the better day?.... My read is Saturday...

- RustyTank

·
Registered
973 Posts
I would say saturday as of now.Depends on the boat too.Im in a 24' so anything predicted over 3' im wary.Sometimes 3-4.Once 4-5 NE 15-25 ONCE '.Im going sat, best bet is plan on short notice and dont be stupid (like me).Dont trust a forecast outside of 24 hrs in advance and even then be prepared.Also dont be afraid to pull the plug on a trip.We all do it sometimes and it sucks but the alternative could be your worst nightmare.

·
Registered
973 Posts
To all those going whats the plan? Any report? Sounds slow but I believe there will be at least some bluefin in the usual haunts but may not be an easy task.I will be working the 20 fathom line/twin wreck area.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
I plan to troll the south side of the Norfolk. Lines in the water before sun is up hoping for an eye. Then hope for a good break to work until we decide to find some tiles. Anyone have any sst shots? Don't have anything on my phone for them.

·
Registered
80 Posts
To all those going whats the plan? Any report? Sounds slow but I believe there will be at least some bluefin in the usual haunts but may not be an easy task.I will be working the 20 fathom line/twin wreck area.
I'm torn. Part of me wants to head to the Washington and see what's going on but the other wants to stay inshore and go for a bluefin. Probably going to be a last minute decision.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I'll be out Saturday inshore as well lookin around one of the pork products tbd assuming weather cooperates. Happy to share Intel. 26' Sailfish "Blueprint"

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Went out... was great till around 1400... got three nice fish east of the triangles, through the North fingers . to about half way between the North finger and the west part of the Norfolk Canyon P1010217.JPG and P1010219.JPG and P1010221.JPG and P1010224.JPG

Wind got pretty brisk after 1400... headed home got caught in the storms coming off the shore... arriving back at the dock in little creek in a downpour

Great day overall though!!!!

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
We couldn't buy a bite trolling so we ended up dropping down to catch some blue lines and BSB. Those storms coming in were nasty! Ended up overnighting in Little Creek before heading up the bay this morning.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts