Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went to the oyster festival on saturday and sunday helped a buddy at norview do some maintainace. we took his boat out around 4:30 to look for some birds but didn't find much. coming in after dark started to smell somthing burning. after a quick check of the boat I notice that it seemed to be coming off shore. well when we got back to the entrance to broad creek it was easy to see. A approx 35 foot boat was fully engulfed in flames. dont know what happend but the firefighters were working hard to no avail. will post pics later

monday we headed for windmill and trolled around but I think our baits were a little big yet. (wishful thinking) so we decided to chase birds and do some LTJ with glass minnows. well we caught some around the new reef then they scattered. headed over to stingway and worked a school for about an hour or 2 and caught around 100-150 fish. three of em were 18 in but we released anyway. the rest were undersized. they were definately hungry cause my lure wouldn't be in the water for 2-3 seconds before it got nailed. not the big ones but still alot of fun and way better than today at work.

good luck and tight lines

Andy

·
Registered
131 Posts
Talked to a buddy of mine who lives on the creek leading to Stingray Harbor Marina. He said that the boat was tied up at doziers and they cut it loose so other boats would not catch on fire and it drifted to where the firefighters were working on it. Supposedly the couple that owned the boat had just sold their house and they were living on the boat and travelling on it. My buddy said that there is papers clothes and other junk floating all over the creek from it. What a shame. Fortunately no one was hurt.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts