Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Fished Saturday with friends Tom, Heath, Hamilton and Mike. Left Marina Shores shortly after 5am on Saturday headed for the Triangles for some sea bass action. Our plan was to hit the wrecks for a few hours and then push offshore to the tile grounds. We with a blown weather forecast we stuck to wreck fishing. The sea bass were really thick at the triangles, but you definitely had to weed through some smaller fish to find the keepers. Around 11am we had about 30 BSB in the box. Picked up and moved East to the ocean venture wreck in hopes of finding a better class of fish. What we found was 3'-4' seas and the fishing wasn't any better. We decided to run back inshore and glad we did. It really laid out and we finished up the day at the Triangles with around 60 nice BSB and had a great ride in at 32kts!

Sunday- woke up around 7am and there was a small craft advisory posted for the lower bay. I looked out the window and the wind was CALM:clap:. Called my neighbor, Gary and we headed out to the 3rd / 4th islands for some rockfish. Arrived at the beginning of the flood tide and jigged bucktails over the spine of the tube and managed 4 rockfish with 2 keepers. The bluefish were REALLY THICK! Ran over to the 1st around 10:45 to try to finish off our limit...not happening so we called it a day. Finished the day at Cutty Sark Marina with lunch and a couple cold beers...

I only got a couple pics during the day. It was dark when cleaning fish so sorry for the crappy camera phone picture.

Ed

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Yummy Ed! Looks like the beginning of a good fish fry!!!

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Tyson - sorry I missed your call. DEFINITELY missed my camera man:D

Mike - You're exactly right. Not 15 minutes after we arrived at the OV wreck another boat came on the scene. We chatted on the VHF and they had been further east at the tile grounds and said it was pretty nasty...couldn't hold bottom with 36oz. That's all I needed to hear to make the decision to head back West.

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
:clap::clap::clap:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts