Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
fri: left town early to find the croaker. Fished a couple of hours near ragged point, all perch! tried all depths and baits.

Sat: left coles point at 7 ish. Had my brother his son and my two oldest kids and headed to the bay. Fished until the kids got bored around 11:30. Checked in a 15 pound rock at Ingrams bay. Thanks Dave for organizing a nice event. Caught across from the light along the edge. Chartruse umbrella deep. Wish we could have caught the next tide but the kids, 9, 7, and 7 wanted to go back. Here (should) be a pic of my son with the fish.

In the afternoon my wife and kids wanted to go shark tooth hunting. It was nice until the wind kicked up. It was the same blow that capsized 20 boats in DC. I had a real struggle to keep the boat off the beach until i could get the kids and dogs back in the boat. Here is a shot of us leaving...

it was hard for me to get a nice shot, but i was glad to have a pilot house to keep us dry. It always amazes me how the river can go from flat calm to a washing machine in a minute.

Sun: had a family perch jerk with the kid who caught the most perch (all released) won. The kids had fun and worked like a dog cutting squid and blood worms. went shark tooth hunting again later after lunch.

Mon: piddled around and we all (12) went to cobb island to eat lunch. no fishing today...

made several other cruises during the weekend. Beautiful weather!!!!!!!! Burned over 100 gals of gas this weekend. Its fun to have a 40 mph cruising speed but man are those twins thirsty!!!! When they blow up i will look into 4-stokes.

· Registered
22 Posts
was talking to the guys who won the tournament sat when they were getting the fish weighed and the cap't told me that they had replaced the motors with 4 strokes but the optimax motors that they switched got better fuel economy. I think they had 2 275 hp merc. 4 strokes on, you coulden't even hear them run .TW on the kingfish

· Registered
2,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
tom,

the 2-stoke opti's got better fuel economy than new 4-stokes???
i wonder why they switched then?

i am not doubting you or the other men, that just seems counter intiutive?? i will certainly have to do a lot of research.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.