Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went to the windmill bar on sat and sunday. trolled for spanish for the first time. sat was rough and we didn't feel like fighting it long but did have some fun with a few blues. Sunday didn't get out till 1 but it was beautiful. trolled around till about 7 and caught 2 spainish and several blues. was trolling the tide line when a huge spanish (5-8) lbs skyed out of the water right behind the boat but he had something else besides our baits on his mind. most fish were caught on the #1 planer but toward sunset the spoons with inlines seemed to do better. we only had silver spoons with us. next time will have some gold too

pic of one of the spanish (smallest was 17 and the other was 20in)

Andy

·
Registered
32 Posts
Nice catch!! Gold has worked better for me or should I say my wife since I do the driving and she does the catching we also like the silver with flashers on the back. Hope that is just a taste of what's to come.
Tried some Saturday but was to rough only found blues and had 2 kids geting tied of the bumps. I was fishing the NNAC flounder/ croaker bash so we went for some croaker in the river. Heard Sunday was perfect.

Tim

·
Registered
99 Posts
cool pics Andy, too bad about the big one you saw. We got out of Bobby Jo's creek @ 11:00 and went out for spot. Travis got a pass and went out with us. caught 55 in 2 hr. all on fish bites. Nice to have met you all,hope to see you soon.

Bill

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea Bill, nice to meet you and your family as well. Travis told me you guys filled the cooler with spot. Lets go fishing sometime

Andy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts