Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Thursday afternoon, my friends Doug and Perry joined me. We set out into the Upper Bay area at 2:00 and had a limit in 20 minutes from leaving port. Might have been the quickest limit ever but I realize that is due to the one fish limit. We were not a mile from port and came across a nice bunch of fish breaking. Did not last long but we got two nice drifts before anyone else saw the birds and joined us. Loud boat trolling put them down for good but we caught I think seven fish out of that up to 26 inches. First decent fish I have jigged up in quite a while and there were some really nice tail slaps of bigger fish I am sure. We then caught another 10 or so fish on the shorelines. (Doug helped me get a great picture of half my face :oops: )
Water Sky Cloud Vertebrate Fisherman

Water Sky Vertebrate Cloud Sleeve

Friday was a rare treat! My sister-in-law (wife's sister) Rebecca from France is visiting and told me she was hoping to fish this trip since her children are not along and I always take them. Hell yeah!. Suddenly my wife Jessy wants to go too (I wonder why :ROFLMAO:) and she never comes. My son Parker rounded out the crew (as well as dog Harpo) and we set off into a beautiful evening on Friday. Rebecca caught her first fish ever and everyone had some great pullage but I don't think anyone caught better than 24 inches. My buddy Jason was fishing nearby and they did a little better but I will include this cool picture (unfiltered - so I am told) that our friend Matt took of Jason's motor on the way in after dark.
Water Sky Smile Cloud Sunglasses

Water Boat Sky Boats and boating--Equipment and supplies Shorts

Water Sky Sleeve Fisherman Outdoor recreation

Water Water resources People in nature Sky Happy

Sky Atmosphere Light Moon Nature

Sunday morning we launched before dawn on Jason's boat. Felt good to be cold again. Shorelines were not happening (or maybe a few) and was beginning to wonder if we would catch much when we noticed a few birds working nearby. We each caught a decent fish but the birds went away. What is important here is what happened next. We did not leave but continued to work a nearby shelf from 23 feet to 18 feet. We caught steady for a half hour drift even though no birds were diving, no fish were breaking and we did not even mark any! Caught for two straight drifts like this, picking the fish off the bottom (always the bottom) even though no marks. Caught about 45 fish up to 26 inches. Had to quit about noon. We were all alone.

Pat
Sky Boat Water Watercraft Naval architecture

Sky Boat Water Cloud Vertebrate

Water Sky Boat Cloud White

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
We continue to score nice fish shallow. Caught about 45 last night up to 28 inches but the vast majority in the 24 - 26 inch class. Really nice pullage in 5 feet of water.

I am so pleased with these Z Man five inch paddletails. When superglued onto the shank, they really last! This one pictured has caught every bit of 50 fish and looks brand new.

Water temp was 53 degrees.

Gotta cast hundreds of times.

Pat
Water Sky Boat Watercraft Boats and boating--Equipment and supplies

Water Sky Boat Cloud Vertebrate
Water Sky Cloud Boats and boating--Equipment and supplies Fish hook

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
We continue to score nice fish shallow. Caught about 45 last night up to 28 inches but the vast majority in the 24 - 26 inch class. Really nice pullage in 5 feet of water.

I am so pleased with these Z Man five inch paddletails. When superglued onto the shank, they really last! This one pictured has caught every bit of 50 fish and looks brand new.

Water temp was 53 degrees.

Gotta cast hundreds of times.

Pat
View attachment 280256
View attachment 280257 View attachment 280258
Great report!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts