Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another Crappy weekend!! Might have to secure a few more lines on the boats.

Thu

NE winds 15 to 20 kt. Waves 3 to 4 ft. Rain likely.

Thu Night

NE winds 20 to 25 kt with gusts to around 30 kt. Waves 4 to 5 ft. Rain.

Fri

NE winds 20 to 25 kt with gusts to around 30 kt. Waves 4 to 5 ft. Rain.

Fri Night

E winds 20 to 25 kt with gusts to around 30 kt. Waves 4 to 5 ft. Rain.

Sat

NE winds 20 to 25 kt. Waves 4 to 5 ft. Rain.

Sat Night

E winds 20 to 25 kt...becoming NE 15 to 20 kt after midnight. Waves 4 to 5 ft. Rain.

Sun

NE winds 10 to 15 kt. Waves 2 ft. A chance of showers in the morning.

Sun Night

N winds 10 kt. Waves 2 ft. winds and waves higher and visibilities lower in and near tstms

·
Registered
259 Posts
Well you can pretty much kiss the next 10 days goodbye for fishing... 10+ inches of rain throughout the VA, MD, PA watershed is going to wreak havoc on water quality. I can only imagine how nasty the Potomac is going to look this time next week. Between the trees, muddy water, and plastic/garbage floating it's pretty much over until we get a good stretch of calm and clear. I'd say who cares because deer season opens this weekend but looks like that is gonna be sucktown too.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Pulled boat tonight, water near the rapp looked like a soupy mess of poo, I have never seen that much sediment swirling in the waters, i would say 2 weeks before water clears at best, maybe 3

·
Registered
218 Posts
We might have dodged the bullet on Joaquin. Won't know for sure till it starts moving tomorrow. It could very well go way out to sea and not bother anyone. Poor Bahamas though. :(

·
Registered
44 Posts
I am planning a trip around October 17th with some friends. Will that be enough time for the water quality to improve after this storm? I am new to fishing the Potomac and the bay. and have really just started fishing in the fall this year.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts