Tidal Fish Forum banner

Welcome Florida Keys Anglers!

4K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Echo 
#1 ·
Hi Gang

I want to welcome everyone who fishes the Florida Keys to our new board!

I am looking forward to hearing some warm reports!

Brandon

#2 ·
Thanks for setting up this board Brandon. I am a Fla. Keys fan. Will be heading down to Islamorada for two weeks on Apr. 20. Will be chasing tarpon and mahi on fly. I have a few hot areas for tarpon. Hopefully someone will give some reports on whats happening before I leave. I'll report my finding while down there. Thanks again!
Dave

#3 ·
Hi Dave

We have some people who will be helping build this board who asked me to put it up. I always wanted to have Florida back up and running, just needed a few people to help with it. Looks like we have that now and it will start to roll:thumbup:

Brandon

#5 ·
Okay so lets let the reports fly.. Headed down in 10 days for 10 days and I need some help. Rental boat is 24' Key Largo, just pass 7 Mile Bridge.. Where do I go from there ?

Any help will be greatly appreciated. I'm the captian and have three anglers chomping at the bit.

Love to get into Yellow tails one day, and then I'm up for anything. You guys still using " Oat Balls"

Mucho Gracis

#6 ·
Echo, I have'nt any experience with yellowtails. Lots of action on schoolie dolphin 6-8+ miles out. Just look for weedlines or any floating stuff. Small BA's will do the trick on them. Keep an eye out for cobia or tripletail around that stuff also. Tarpon will be around the bridges and they love BA's too. Make sure you use a jighead with a quality widegap hook and be ready to chase them down. Lots of luck!
Dave

#7 ·
Marathon Bound!!

Leaving tomorow morning and flying into Marathon for 8 days of non stop fishing. :clap: If the wind lays low we will be offshore to the bluewater :boat: . If the wind blows we will be on the reef or in the gulf. I will try to post reports while down, if not I will post a full report with pic when I return.

Tight Lines

#8 · (Edited)
the local library has a bunch of internet ready Pc's that you can post off of, ( no pics) and as for the Yellow tail, right now not as prominent as will be in a few weeks, but then schools that are around are all good size fish,, bring plenty of chum at least two bags of double ground and rice...soak rice overnight in a 5 gal bucket with cool water covering by about 2 inches, in morning stir in 2-3 ounces of menhaden oil, mix well and this works great ...we used to use a lot of crushed oats, but the price of oats has gone up 600% in the last 4 weeks, so everyone is swapping out to rice...if you run out of chum...bring a good book...check the links in the post on the Home board sticky for up todate fish reports

Right now its 76 deg, winds, NNw @9 looking out the front door the water out to the reef has a light ripple, out beyond the reef looks like about 1 footers w/ no caps

Tomorrow
Feb 23

Details Clear
Hi: 77° Lo: 65°
Day: Sunny skies. High 77F, humidity 60%. Winds NE at 10 to 15 mph.
0%
Night: Clear skies. Low 65F. Winds NNE at 10 to 15 mph.
0%

Saturday
Feb 24 Showers / Clear
Hi: 80° Lo: 71°
Slight chance of light rain showers. High 80F and low 71F. Winds E at 15 to 20 mph.
20%

Sunday
Feb 25 Showers / Clear
Hi: 82° Lo: 74°
Slight chance of light rain showers. High 82F and low 74F. Winds SE at 15 to 20 mph.
20%

Monday
Feb 26 Showers / Clear
Hi: 83° Lo: 72°
Slight chance of light rain showers. High 83F and low 72F. Winds S at 10 to 15 mph.
20%

Tuesday
Feb 27 Sprinkles
Hi: 82° Lo: 72°
Slight chance of light rain showers. High 82F and low 72F.
20%

Wednesday
Feb 28 Sprinkles
Hi: 81° Lo: 74°
Slight chance of light rain showers. High 81F and low 74F.
20%

Thursday
Mar 01 Clear
Hi: 76° Lo: 70°
Sunny skies. High 76F and low 70F.
45%

Friday
Mar 02 Clear
Hi: 77° Lo: 70°
Sunny skies. High 77F and low 70F.
50%

Saturday
Mar 03 Showers / Clear
Hi: 77° Lo: 71°
Drizzle. High 77F and low 71F.
50%

#9 ·
Bob, Any idea where I should start for yellowtails? I'm at 7 Mile Bridge. Never knew oats went up so high, and thank you for the rice tip. If I remember correctly, YT are a very small hook, with no weight. Open the bail and let it out with the current, right ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.