Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sons 2nd buck was big 8 point. This boy must have two horseshoes... you know where...This is a shenandoah county buck taken with a muzzleloader.. I have been hunting 37 years and this beats my best ever...1st buck was crossbow killed nice 8 point and now this..Buck was killed on opener saturday evening...Date on pic is off two days...Camera been like that since i had it..Not smart enough to fix it..Just thought i'd share his success and let a proud papa blow a little....Big bucks to all , The Bowers family...

·
Registered
95 Posts
Well done thats a great buck. I hunt in Shenandoah County as well east of Woodstock. I have been seeing a ton of deer this year.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Great Deer. Congrats. Now if just everybody would just let them grow that big before they put the smack down on them. Va's deer would then reach their full potential.

Great job young man :clapping2::clap::clapping2::eek2::thumbup:

What's that about a 18"-19" outside spread.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Spread is 19.5"..We have a 200 acre farm and have been practicing Q.D.M. for about 6 years and i guess the neighbors screwed up and let one get away..This county is hunted real hard ...No mast this year and the deer are really hitting our hayfields.....We usually pass on the small bucks only to see most hanging on the neighbors meatpoles...That buck was harder to get than a winning megabucks ticket...No kidding....

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
where was he shot? I don't see any holes....
Maybe an entry on the other side?

I've had many deer shot with a muzzleloader where there was a small entry wound/little blood and/or no exit, with the saboted round fragmenting and pulverizing the chest cavity. Makes for some anxious moments trailing, but with the excellent accuracy of these guns, I usually know when I pull the trigger that it's gonna be a dead deer.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The gun is laying right on the exit hole, complete pass through. Entry point was tight against the shoulder. Power Belt bullet, if you look at his nose you can tell he was lung shot, it was very little blood, but he didnt go far.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I hear what your saying about the QDM thing. My problem is not the Neighbors (their on the same page). It's the road hunters, poachers and illegal hound runners (no hunting with hounds in my area. Legally that is.). Just some people just can't hunt legal for some reason (greed and lack of ethics). I guess you need to blame their parents for not teaching them RIGHT FROM WRONG. I have some Friends in the VA. DGIF. That set Robo Buck up on mine and my neighbors properties. Love when you hear slow rolling tires on a gravel road then it stops. Then a shot. Then the sound of a Chevy Tahoe gunning it to catch the road hunters/poachers. Glad your son got what he deserves for his ethics and patience's. Thanks for teaching him right from wrong :thumbup:. Now he can go bigger and better!!!!!! Great job again!!!!!!
Good luck with your hunts.

Ducks

1 - 16 of 16 Posts