Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out Monday afternoon in the EB looking for some Spot to Live Line. Crew was just my daughter and I and the weather was Wonderful!
Launched out of Shipping creek and tried right out front, Nothing, moved around 6 more time as we slowly worked our way to Poplar Island. I have a bunch of "Spot" spots that most always give up the little boogies, Not a single one!

OK, so at this point I go all the way down to the back side of Poplar Island where they were last year,,, ECHO ECHO not a nibble I tried the front and the sides, Nothing.

The bait was blood worms and they were fresh, so it's not the bait. no sunscreen, bug spray or anything of the sorts. just no spot yet.

The Positive: I have not seen this much bait in the EB since the mid 80's Alwive were everywhere and good size, 8-10" also mixed in was schools of 1"-2" little buggers .

The BAD: The cow Nose Rays were so thick in some area you could walk on them and not get wet (remember I am a fisherman Wink)

Will try in a week or so, keep cool everybody!

Ted

·
Registered
617 Posts
I fished Podicary Pt in 15 feet for an hour Weds after coming back from chumming.There were a lot of perch but not one spot.Drifted over a large area looking.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I usually do well on the east side of the green marker coming out of Shipping Creek. It drops off close to the marker, fish the side of the dropoff.

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I usually do well on the east side of the green marker coming out of Shipping Creek. It drops off close to the marker, fish the side of the dropoff.
The day I went out I did try that exact spot, No one was home , BUT that all can change in a day. :)

I'll try again..

Ted

1 - 5 of 5 Posts