Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saturday at 4pm we went out to the end of Windmill Bar. Birds were feeding and we saw plenty of bait on the screen. Gave it a try but nothing. Group of boats at 2R so we took a look. More birds and better marks. Reports were fish on the bottom,we dragged line thru a couple of nice bait balls still nothing. Got back to the Island at 6. There was a large school of Dolphins feeding....never have seen them in here this time of year.
Ch 68 chatter......the Rapp was the place to be till 3pm.
We did see a good number of boats returning from the Fleets Bay area.

·
Registered
913 Posts
We caught fish from 11-3 east of 2R, started out on the bottom ended up fishing top water. 4 keepers. Caught one keeper at 2R tolling back home on a lure running about 2' down. We caught fish trolling cripple ely ( yes spelling is off ) small parachute , swim shads,tandems. caught fish casting bucktails and rattle trap

Attachments

·
Registered
5,809 Posts
Nice! I am looking for my Jigs now! ( Fishing down around York) I have not tried shallow water but Buddy is doing well.
While trolling, I have caught nothing but 6-12" blues. Several times, DF has shown some stuff that appears to be bigger fish, but blues take bait. I need to stop and jig!
:) Alewife

·
Registered
913 Posts
Nice! I am looking for my Jigs now! ( Fishing down around York) I have not tried shallow water but Buddy is doing well.
While trolling, I have caught nothing but 6-12" blues. Several times, DF has shown some stuff that appears to be bigger fish, but blues take bait. I need to stop and jig!
:) Alewife
Funny guy. You must be keeping all the blues down there. I havent caught one. Whats you water temp down that way? Up here still 62 on sat.

·
Registered
390 Posts
sunday

Saturday at 4pm we went out to the end of Windmill Bar. Birds were feeding and we saw plenty of bait on the screen. Gave it a try but nothing. Group of boats at 2R so we took a look. More birds and better marks. Reports were fish on the bottom,we dragged line thru a couple of nice bait balls still nothing. Got back to the Island at 6. There was a large school of Dolphins feeding....never have seen them in here this time of year.
Ch 68 chatter......the Rapp was the place to be till 3pm.
We did see a good number of boats returning from the Fleets Bay area.
hey there I'll be out this sunday wx permitting going to try that area r2 going north i'll be on 68 chris

1 - 9 of 9 Posts