Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
today was the final day that Doctors' Orders would be fishing the Maryland 2008 season and we went out with a bang!! I had been talking with Tom(cookiemonster) for a while now about getting him and his girlfriend Amy down for some fishing. seemed like things never would work out for them. well we finally got that chance today, I met them and Joe Massi down at the ramp at 6 and we headed south to where i got the fish yesterday. stopped a little short of the line and dropped in my boat rods.(they have been doing all the catching lately) so i didnt bother with the boards:nono:. it didnt take long before i was dumping the boards over. got the port board out with 5 rods and i want to get the starboard one out so i set it. i didnt even have 1 rod on the other board when the center roof rod went off(boat rod) joe was on the job and made a good effort to boat a nice 44 incher that dropped the scales to 35lbs:bigfish: not even a minute after we boated that fish another boat rod got hit. this was toms and he made quick work of a fat 27 incher. five minutes later another boat rod goes down, this one was Amys and she brought the fat 32 incher to the boat in minutes. the day went on and we got most of the gear out. about ten minutes after i got the last board rod out, a board rod on the other side got hit with a nice mid 30 incher. then it started. we worked our way back north with a good pick of fish along the way. I finally found the fish around 8:45 this morning and we fished til around 11. the final count was 14 bites, landing 13 nice stripers, 2 of which were unders. most fish today did come off the boards, but bubba came off the center shot gun set at 350'. most fish were in the mid to upper 30s with one release that was about 42 inches caught by Amy. weather was nice, seas were flat, had good company, and the fish were biting, what else can you ask for??

Now that the maryland season is over, we will be moving the boat to va beach to fish for these same fish. you dont want to miss out on this!!

thanks again for the trip guys. sorry for the shortage of pics, Amy I know you and Tom took some, do you mind posting them for me?? thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
5,385 Posts
Great lookin fish! It was a great day too. Kyle, I have enjoyed your reports. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Kyle,

Thanks for the trip today. That was a really nice fish off the center rod. I took it over to Marty's and checked it in for a citation. Jim gave me a picture to put on my desk at work.

I got the fish home and my son said "I should have gone." If he would have, he probably would have pulled in that big fish, as Amy said she did not want to pull in the first fish when it was offered to her, and I would have let my son take it rather than doing it myself.

Once again, thanks for a great trip. The weather was almost perfect. There was a beautiful sunrise to start the day. The company was great. I really enjoyed seeing how it is done on a trolling boat. I hope to do it again soon.

Joe

·
Registered
849 Posts
kyle --
you've had a tremendous first season as a charter captain:thumbup:.
you've also been a tremendous asset to this board.
congratulations!
so when can we expect to see the capt kyle/doctor's orders line of fishing gear????????;-)

bil

·
Registered
146 Posts
one pic

Kyle,
Thanks again for the trip today. It has been some time that we've been trying to get this trip together and the wait paid off. We really appreciate the effort you put into making this trip memorable. Also, the tidbits of information were much appreciated and we are itching to put this new knowledge to use.

As far as the pics, my mother came by to see our catch and made off with a five finger special on a new digital camera. I was fileting the catch outside and she put the camera in her pocket, not realizing it until she got home three hours later. That's mom for ya.

I did happen to get one pic of the fillets which I got out of our catch. We'll be putting some old recipes to use as well as looking for some new ones, maybe with a sweet potato or two:thumbup:.

We'll post the rest of the pics when we get the camera back.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Most of that big fish just went into my freezer. It will get eaten as soon as my daughter takes off for her last semester. She does not eat fish.

It was good fishing with you two today.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts