Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Despite the reeling thread, posted a few days ago I needed to go to Bass Pro today for finishing touches on Keys trip. I support the locals, but I was in the area, had some gift cards etc.

What I found was a crowd, normally reserved for a Saturday. Couldn't figure out why, until over the intercom it was announced that Jerry Whatshisface is signing autrographs in front of the reel desk. (Great, just where I'm going) I have no idea who Jerry is, could have been Jerry Lewis, Jerry Garcia, Jerry Seinfeld, Ben and Jerry. Whatever. Needed to spool 2500's with 20lb red PP and needed to spool 4000's with 40 lb red PP. Worked my way around the line of at least fifty people and found a somewhat busy counter. Waited 5 minutes , told the man what I needed and he was more than cooperative And didn't charge me for some mono backing ( spools were clean as a whistle)

Did some shopping, came back and spools were ready. Perfect. I did inquire about TF's newest fasicnation with PT Cabo reels. Just one mans opinion, but he compared them with all my Stradics and called the PT junk. So take that for what its worth.

I'm $400 lighter, but a happy camper. I'd rather give Maryland my sales tax than Florida.

Carry on... I've get some sorting to do.

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool
5,686 Posts
Eminent Brother,
have a good time in Key West, did you ever find out who jerry was and the guy behind the reel counter doesn't know his ass from a whole in the ground

·
Premium Member
26,177 Posts
Clyde's baitshop has a sale on Power Pro going on.They will put it on the reels while you wait.Only about 8 miles or so from BPS.Great local shop-I've been dealing with them for almost 30 yrs-same guys are still at the counter :)) . 2307 Hammonds Ferry Rd, Arbutus, Md 410 242 -6108. Skip

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Clyde's baitshop has a sale on Power Pro going on.They will put it on the reels while you wait.Only about 8 miles or so from BPS.Great local shop-I've been dealing with them for almost 30 yrs-same guys are still at the counter :)) . 2307 Hammonds Ferry Rd, Arbutus, Md 410 242 -6108. Skip
And the same guy on the weekly fishing update (410) 247-FISH. I've been dialing that number and listening to that same voice for at least 30 years.:yes:
PTs junk??:confused: Case closed on BPS.

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I Support Tidal Fish
4,199 Posts
Glad you didn't get hammered at BP,haven't been there in some time.Have a good time on your keys trip..you lucky SOB ;)

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
Brian,

This time when you're in the Keys, don't take so many pictures of those cross-dresssing pre-ops. I'm getting tired of looking at them.:D :D Get me some of those hot looking post-ops!:clap:

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think this Jerry guy was a pro bass tour dude ? Bleached blonde hair, wrap around sunglasses ( indoors mind you) Salad bowl hair cut. I dunno.. Frankly I don't care.

I only mentioned PT comment because I asked. Kid seemed to know what he was doing. But whatever.
Dennis the only Post Op I'm taking, is a picture of is my wife... I don't/can't look at other girls, I know better..

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Jimmy Houston?

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I Support TidalFish.com!
7,173 Posts
Ben and Jerrys

You have me rolling on the floor laughing. Have a great time in the keys. Watch out for those women with funny voices and baggy shorts. Jim

·
Premium Member
8,174 Posts
Stonewall: UGGGH so gross!

Echo:

I dont think florida has sales tax..

Have a great trip!

I like clydes, closest place that sells minnows (not that I use BAIT):thumbup:

·
Premium Member
4,888 Posts
Not Sammy he lives near me now. When I lived in town my dad would take me there when we needed to stock up for a fishing trip. I guess since I'm 30 now I've been going there for close to 25 years. I don't get back much but I do stop in occassionally.

·
Registered
9,443 Posts
Hmmmm,

I think perhaps the mere mention of "PT" may have given this poor lad flashbacks of his having to try to keep up with real men while in the military ?? :))

I have the PT 30 and like it. I am going to pick up the 20 also and see what happens.

Dennis:))

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just read Deerings post, it wasn't Jerry it was Jimmy. Jimmy Houston. Still means absolutley nothing to me, but solves my stupidity.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Clydes has lots of reels on sale including stradics.Bill is the one who does da reports, him and his brother have had it for 50yrs.I have been going there for about that long since my Dad took me there.Bill repairs reels or used to.I fish with pop and Rich who work there. Dave

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
I grew up listening to the recorded fishing reports. As a kid I couldn't wait to call in for the update each week. I usally go there for their annual spring sale too. They always have a good sale on their fishing line and discounts on the fishing reels and rods too.

·
Registered
12,450 Posts
Eminent Brother,
have a good time in Key West, did you ever find out who jerry was and the guy behind the reel counter doesn't know his ass from a whole in the ground
Graybeard is right on this one Brian....I have alot of Stradics and this Quantum Cabo PT20
is heads above it.....I have a Quantum Cabo PT30 and love it down south for the Big Boys.....got mine at Anglers (Wife got it for me:D ...She's the best!)....

·
Registered
628 Posts
Yea, Jimmy Houston. We were up at Basspro yesterday buying waders and hip boots for work and he comes in and shakes our hand and says Hey. Place was packed and only one pretty gal at Customer Service...we had to wait 30 minutes to checkout.

Yea, Jimmy Houston...looks much older and smaller in person. There's no mistakin THAT blond haircut.:D :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts