Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the big boat show in Annapolis yesterday. This is something we try to do every year, on the Thursday of the show.
After last year's show being canceled due to Uncle Larry's lockdown, it was good to get out. Not as many boats, still lots of boats. Some creative docking to take up dock space that normally would have been conserved.
Of note, at least four vendors selling Sea Deck type products.
It was great to get out. Good food and weather better than forecast.

·
Registered
14,337 Posts
Going to a boat show is about the same for me as looking at new puppies. I will come home with one. That's why I don't go........Gary

·
Registered
54 Posts
First timer at show today. Will definitely go again. Much better than inside gigs. Bought a T-shirt. Saw a new boat she like better than the one we have on order.... could be trouble.

·
Registered
100 Posts
My first boat show was at the Fifth Regiment Armory in Baltimore in 1954. Attended the first Annapolis Powerboat Show and went for many years. Attended many Baltimore Civentiin Center boatshows, DC boat shows. They’re fun. They are great if you are in the market for a new boat. They make it so more convenient to compare boats and prices. The beauty of in the water shows is that they can have the boats that can’t be shown in doors.
I just wonder how many people can afford boats these days.

·
Registered
7,566 Posts
Call me a curmudgeon, but I can't stand the shows...But my son really likes them, so we went. During the show, I learned of two trends I do not like. The first is that many companies have or are in the process of eliminating boats in the 19-22 foot range, opting to sell only larger boats. Given where fuel prices are headed (and will likely continue to head for the foreseeable future), probably not a smart move. But beyond that, I've found that size range to hit the sweet spot to fish both the open Bay and the tight quarters of tributaries. Second, I spoke with a dealer who said that Parker and Grady will no longer make walk-around fishing models. Too bad, since that's been my favorite style for years. I suppose if I were in the market for a 40+ foot center console for $500K and wanted to burn fuel at a rate of 70 gallons per hour, I would have found something I liked.

·
Registered
14,337 Posts
Call me a curmudgeon, but I can't stand the shows...But my son really likes them, so we went. During the show, I learned of two trends I do not like. The first is that many companies have or are in the process of eliminating boats in the 19-22 foot range, opting to sell only larger boats. Given where fuel prices are headed (and will likely continue to head for the foreseeable future), probably not a smart move. But beyond that, I've found that size range to hit the sweet spot to fish both the open Bay and the tight quarters of tributaries. Second, I spoke with a dealer who said that Parker and Grady will no longer make walk-around fishing models. Too bad, since that's been my favorite style for years. I suppose if I were in the market for a 40+ foot center console for $500K and wanted to burn fuel at a rate of 70 gallons per hour, I would have found something I liked.
Who in their right mind would spend $500K to be able to catch one rockfish in the Bay. These boats are off shore boats......... Gary

1 - 15 of 15 Posts