Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was at the locael WM and saw a nice looking yak in my price range. I believe the manufacture is Futrue Beach.....rotomolded, 12' SOT, 2 flush mount rod holders, molded crate/bucket well, two dry storage hatches and a rubber topped hatch. Hull design is kinda like a cat boat looks very stable, 57lbs,.... but curious about speed/ease of paddling and overall quality. I read 3 reviews and all were favorable, price was $500......your thoughts?

PS...I do alot of fishing, and will use this yak for anything and everything that I can...river, bay, back bays, etc, etc. I have a decent amount of experince w 'yaks and do not plan on paddling long distances....maybe a mile or two form launch....at least that's the plan.

THANKS

·
Registered
432 Posts
My daughter and her boyfriend looked at the Future Beach yaks and liked them, but when we went to buy them from the local store they didn't sell them anymore. Not West Marine but a local mom & pop sports store.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Not a fan of molded in footrests. Before you buy go to a full line kayak dealer and check out the yaks by OK,WS and Native. You might find something you like better. There's are good used ones on craigslist every month to get you in the $500 price range.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts