Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
CAPT G NOT SURE WHERE WATERVEIW IS , I KNOW WHERE
GARRETS MARINE IS,, COULD U HELP WITH DIRECTIONS S>,

GARRETS MARINE IS NICE ,, BUT I HATE TO DONATE TO THEIR WEALTH , BUT I AM NOT ABOVE IT ,, $$$

·
Registered
8,432 Posts
Route 17, across the street from the racetrack on the road that's next to Big John's store. Follow the signs to the public ramp. Big John's usually has bloodworms, which should be your bait of choice.

·
Registered
6 Posts
You've got a good shot at some nice ones are WP, too. I'd take bloodworms, squid, and shrimp. Their taste seems to change with the tide.

·
Registered
141 Posts
there are not any fish in the york river,go to the rappahannock i hear they have lots of fish,,hell they will jump in your boat over there!!!!haha[grin]

·
Registered
37 Posts
Locklies Marina is just east of the WS Bridge and they will have bait. The north side fo the river has been productive for croaker. I recently caught them on the west side of the bridge in 30+ feet of water, but they will often hang out in the shallower water downriver from the bridge. A friend told me he has been catching some large ones near the Broad Creek area from the bank, and obviously in shallow water. Good luck.

·
Registered
74 Posts
My son and I went to West Point and caught a couple dozen Croakers using Squid in just a couple of hours. Lots of boats at the ramp and the smell from the factory was at full strength, other than that, it was a fun day on the water.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Went to west point both Sat and Sun morning. Fished the last of the incoming tide. We took squid, shrimp, and bloodworm fish bites. They liked evrything but with squid being the cheapest, that's what we used the most. We caught plenty everywhere we stopped. Wind really kicked up around 8:00 this morning. We left at 9:00 when the tide went slack and the bigger fish stopped biting.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Fished York River (via West Point) for the first time on Sat. Had a great time. However, there were more boats than the public boat ramp could handle. Parking was limited.

Is there another boat ramp in that area that can handle 18-20ft Fiberglass boats?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts