Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
They are being caught in the nets, but I have not tried to catch any yet. The guys I work with said the fish are long and skinny.

·
Registered
79 Posts
On the Northern Neck board there was a mention of Croakers at the Coleman Bridge area near Glouster. It it just a matter of time until they are at Bell's and the paper mill. This warm-up this week will help, but then the cooldown will hurt as well.

Post up any catches. My 4 1/2 y/o is dying to go catch some "giant coakers".:clapping2:

qkadct

FISH ON!!!!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I know the York River State Park Ranger and he said he has not seen any Croakers from the anglers coming in at the boat ramp yet. Maybe this week. Of course the only time you can use this boat ramp is at high tide!!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I remember that ramp. I used to use it with a smaller boat. Won't even try now.

Thanks for the replies. I'll probably put in at West Point the first time out. I's easy fishing once they start biting.

Danny

·
Registered
141 Posts
The croaker are in the river good all the way up past the state park,Buddy of mine caught a 3lb 3oz croak last night during low tide on squid,don't know what the weather change will do but lots of 2lb fish!!!!its about time

·
Registered
21 Posts
I took my boat out of West Point last Sunday for a couple of hours to shake the cobb webs out. One lonely boat at Bell Rock Light with two guys and there son. They all had a big smile on ther face and holding big croakers to match. They said they had caught more then they wanted to clean, so I hope the caught and released.
Thats all I got to say about that. Arr just took my striper gear. The croaker rush is on....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts