Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
If you could endure the wind it was worth it! 3rd weekend in row gonna try for four maybe....

·
Registered
282 Posts
Man that one on the top looks good. Great catch they mostly look large and rusty, hopefully packedwith meat.
I managed a bushel from the Wye on Saturday but had to throw back just as many white bellies---not that I am complaining. However most of the crabs were light in meat even though they looked good.

·
Premium Member
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
crabberlig-

Most were decent some I did throw back being light, Still surprised on that! Alot were 7-8" biggest being almost 8-1/2" If that wind wasn't blowing might have stayed a little longer had the whole river to myself...:yes: Might try one more time We'll see though.:thumbup:

·
Registered
5,385 Posts
Crabbermanjl,
Nice! Are those traps Foxymates with tops?

·
Premium Member
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes some of them I think the 12X12's are

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Those are some nice crabs. How deep were they running? I might try one last time.

·
Premium Member
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was in 6-7ft some were at 5ft moved around alot. That damn wind was murder.I might try one time too....

·
Premium Member
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks, Glad to hear you did OK I was wondering...:thumbup: Had to move around alot but stayed in the same spot you saw me in :yes: R U gonna try again this weekend?

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
I am done crabbing this year unless someone tells me something I cant refuse.

This weekend I am moving back down to SoCo. :clap: so I will be toooo busy to crab.

Next summer there will be crabs right out my front door....but for now I am going to enjoy the change of seasons, and go arrow a nice deer tomorrow.

Good Luck if you go this weekend...I'm sure you'll do fine!

·
Registered
5,385 Posts
Butthead,

BOL and welcome back!

Lets get together for a brew or two after your settled!

If you have any xtra back strap, oh forget it!

DB

1 - 14 of 14 Posts