Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I support TidalFish.
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The crew today was Steve (goinsfishin) and his friend Sarge. After the success last weekend my plan was to go to Eastern Bay. I also talked to a friend who was out yesterday and said he got some fish there.

We launched around 8AM this morning and headed across the bay. When we got to where I wanted to fish it start to pour rain. It was raining hard enough that it was tough to see Kent Island and Poplar. There was one Parker CC out in the middle of it jigging. Those two guys had to be miserable but they stuck it out. Tried jigging but no fish were biting. Moved to a few places but no better results.

We started to trolling. Worked our way around The Hill and down the ledge to about half way to 84. We did manage two dinks and one ghost crab pot. :censored: Well with all our lines in we decided to head back across the bay. Once we were in 39' of water we put out the lines.

Started hearing a lot of talk about fish at TPL. We also saw some charters working Herring Bay. We decided to work Herring Bay as it was closer. Our first keeper fish came around 2:30. The fish were in 26 - 29' of water. We got 5 keepers there the best being a fat 27 1/2" fish. He came about 4:15 so we fished until 4:30, pulled the lines and headed back to the West River. The best baits were tandem storm shads. Although we did catch them on umbrellas, Tony #17 spoon and a parachute. The best color was chartreuse.

On the way back we saw a bunch of birds working and had to stop to jig. We were one fish shy of a limit. That was taken care of in about 5 minutes. We had about 6 fish in 10 minutes and half of them were keepers. You can't beat filling out a limit on the way in.

Talked to Contender21 and Mega-Jack today. Not sure how they did. Heard some other TF'ers out there.

Going to do it again tomorrow.

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
Way to find them Jerry. If I ever get out of the cycle of working every stinking day you need a HO.

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Had a blast today Jerry.....glad we stopped for those birds on the way in.....way too tempting to pass up, and payed off well....makes cleaning fish in the dark worthwile.....

·
Registered
160 Posts
Jerry-

I fished by myself today. I tried the same thing as you hoping for another great day in EB. That was not to be had.

I trolled a 5 rod spread with no luck. I ended up all the way south of Chesapeake Beach. Right at dark and with no rods left in the water, fish started breaking all around me. I started to jig for a few minutes with two hook ups but no fish.

At some part in the day my NEW Uniden VHF turned off and I could NOT get her back on. I have no idea what is wrong.

It was very dark by the time I got back to the Rhode River.

Sykesville
27' Judge Chesapeake
Rhode River

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
I am sorry I missed it. That is my usual fishing spot. I was at the Private School Cross Country Championships this morning watching my son who was running for DeMatha. I got back home around 3:30 and decided it was too late to head out for a little Bay fishing. Instead I found the trout were biting at Greenbelt Lake.

Maybe I will see you tomorrow afternoon if the wind holds off and does not go over 15.

·
Registered
345 Posts
:clap:Great job finding the fish. We heard all the talk about TPL but didn't have the time for the trip. Enjoy your feast!

·
Registered
902 Posts
Thats greet :thumbup:

We will be out there in a couple hours.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Way to stick it out Jerry. Thanks for the report.

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
--My ole Saying of " If ya Ain't catching Your too far from Home " sure proved to be true Yesterday ---made a run to the Eastern, found little bait & just wanttabees, came back to Out Front & was pleased by a good catch of quality fish , the bite was about 1130 --add a hr. for today ( Maybe)--ASS-U-ME is a Big word ---

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I support TidalFish.com!
3,659 Posts
Thanks for the rpt Jerry. :clap::D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts