Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The glass like conditions on the creek at sunrise exhorted me out onto the Bay. It too was like glass. Problem was there were no birds to be seen in Fleets Bay. I pushed out stopping every mile or so to scan the horizon for them. Nothing. I opted to head south east coming up to the cut channel where I found great flocks of birds, mostly gulls, frenzied over bubbling water. Great balls of bail and flashing rockfish meant the sight casting was on.

It was wonderful. I worked the the area for three hours, stripped down to my T shirt in the windless sunny conditions and pounded fish until my thumbs were worn rough from disengaging the hook from so many hungry mouths. I took home two 20 inch fish. It was hard to find fish of size, virtually every single fish was under.

Water temp was 56. Fish were in a 46 ft of water caught between 10h00 and 13h00. Location SE of the mouth of the Rapp at cut.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Thanks for the report. Bunker or glass minnow? A lot of under fish are everywhere right now. About time for a cold snap to change things up a bit.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Thank You, Bird Chaser - Your report is the model for how they all should be written. Clear, detailed, answers the logical questions. Keep 'em coming!

·
Registered
213 Posts
We went out at 4pm on the 16th right off Cherry pt. Birds hitting the water so we sat there and cast small buck tails. Fish were 17" fun catching.
About 5pm the birds were gone and fishing blind we started picking up bigger fish 20"-22" on light tackle it was fun.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My pleasure. Hopefully it inspires others to leave some pearls of information as well? I find boast reports without the critical info to be mere teases! This season is so short and with limited gaps in the weather its important that we maximise time on the water.

- - - Updated - - -

Glass minnows I believe.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I was I was fishing where you were, it sure was different up in the Rapp where I was. I got out from 3:00 to 4:30 and it was really choppy and blowing hard, moving me along at a 3.5 mph drift. I managed one 20", released. 'Still great to be out there though : )

1 - 9 of 9 Posts