Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
I did pretty well in the ocean north of the mouth of the Chesapeake on spawned out cows this weekend and heard and saw others doing the same. They will be in hyper drive this week bugging out as fast as they can.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
I did pretty well in the ocean north of the mouth of the Chesapeake on spawned out cows this weekend and heard and saw others doing the same. They will be in hyper drive this week bugging out as fast as they can.
Salmo is getting them outside the Bay off the Atl coast headed north.

It is mid May and many post spawn migrant fish are already gone from MD waters and the others are headed out--that is probably why the Md lower bay from Breezy and south is so hot now for big post-spawn fish.

·
Registered
14,082 Posts
They don't all come at once and don't all leave at once but I think at least 75% are gone. Better chances of hooking up is jigging or chumming up North. 35" might be tough though....... Gary

·
Registered
885 Posts
There should be some around until water temps get into upper 60s. This morning the buoys are showing 58-61 degrees, so I suspect there's at least a week until they are gone, probably longer. Most of them exit via the mouth of the Bay, so they generally are moving that direction, and some are clearly along the coast now. They won't depart en masse unless we get a rapid warm up. Some cool springs a decent number of stragglers have hung around through Memorial Day, at least at Solomons. This year certainly has that potential with this cool cloudy weather that's been in place.

·
Registered
416 Posts
When I cleaned my fish box out Saturday it had a lot of sea lice in it

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
From what I hear, there are a few stragglers, and there will be a few hold overs, but it's pretty much done from Poplar to points north with respect to the big girls.

·
Registered
55 Posts
my buddy pulled a thermometer out of his crab pot on Saturday. It read 54 degrees on the bottom. It was 59 last Tuesday. This was outside the magothy.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts