Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where is a good less expensive place to buy a lot close to coastal NC. Do NOT want to be right on the water. We would prefer a small town or outside of town. Want the slow, relaxing life for retirement.
We were in Washington, NC last weekend. It is a nice area but
we only found one lot that we liked and it already had a contract on it. We would like to buy a lot now and build next year and
then move down after retiring...
Any and all suggestions, will be appreciated.
Thanks, Sandcastle

·
Registered
45 Posts
I dont think you can go wrong in coastal NC. All my family is from elizabeth city and edenton and they are both great areas. Currituck is great, but the prices have hiked a little lately with a lot of people living in hampton roads moving down there to escape the real estate prices in VA. I have never spent much time in morehead but have heard nothing but good things. I have a great little spot on a quiet street on the sound in Nags Head and that is about as close to heaven as I know of.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Northern Carolina can't even compare to the southeastern region. Let me ask you this. What ties do you have to "Hampton Roads"? Why do you need to stay near there? You asked where the best places to live in NC? Unless you want to be a mountain man, you need to check out the counties of Pender, Onslow, New Hanover, and last but certainly not the least New Brunswick. If you have not been this far south yet, then you really need to research these areas. Please, buddy, don't put any money down until you have. Think palm trees and huge live oaks, and large wrap around porches. Good Luck!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks to everyone. We have been down to NC the last 2 weekends. We bought a lot near Chocowinity/Washington area.
Love the entire area. Hopefully we will build next year and then move down fulltime after retiring.
thanks again

·
Registered
173 Posts
Ransom, for what you are interested in (tuna & marlin) you'll run 40-60 miles depending on the time of year. Early spring the longest runs are for the hot tuna bite. The rest of the year its more in the 40-45 mile range. Generally speaking it's a 1 1/2 to 2 hour run before you start fishing. Since you'll be on the island this fall you might as well come visit my restaurant. I won't mention the name specifically since I'm not a board sponsor but believe me it is usually the CAPTAIN'S CHOICE when it comes to good food. See you this fall!

Jay
Harkers Island

·
Registered
479 Posts
I've been eyeballing Moorehead City. Particularly the subdivisions on Crab Point Bay. 160K for a 3 BR single family. But I don't know anything about the commuities there so will probably plan a trip. Let me know if you visit before I do.

http://www.realtor.com/FindHome/HomeListings.asp?mlsttl=Carteret+County&frm=bycomm&pgnum=1&mls=carteretcounty&lnksrc=REALRSCF2C0003&js=on&poe=realtor&st=nc&areaid=1089471&typ=1&mnprice=0&mxprice=99999999&mnbed=0&mnbath=0&mnsqft=0&ss_fthb=n%2Fa&ss_mitm=n%2Fa&exft=eboat

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.