Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I plan on purchasing batteries to power my Minn Kota Powerdrive 24 volt 70# thrust. I'm settling on the Adventure Power from Apex, UB121100. It's AGM-SLA 110 AH.

Is any one familiar with this brand and has pro or con experience with it?

Regards, Joy T Brew

·
Registered
16 Posts
Joy, I do not have experience with the Apex brand. However last spring I bought two AGM batteries for my 24v system. BEST money I've spent in a while. The batteries charge fast and seem to hold a charge longer. The aspect I like most is that they don't freeze, or leak etc. Hope this helps... Rob

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Joy, I do not have experience with the Apex brand. However last spring I bought two AGM batteries for my 24v system. BEST money I've spent in a while. The batteries charge fast and seem to hold a charge longer. The aspect I like most is that they don't freeze, or leak etc. Hope this helps... Rob
Hi Tsunami22443,

OK, I went ahead and ordered the UB121100 AGM-SLA batteries from APEX battery. Not real sure about "Adventure Power", but I gotta start somewhere. My brother saw a ProMariner ProTournament 300 on sale for $189 (regular $368), a 30 amp/3 bank (10-10-10) that switches amps tot he bank where it's needed. Seems like a good choice for the AGM type batteries.

If I'm thinking right, two are connected in series to provide 24 volts and the third battery is isolated to run the bait spa. Not sure how the switching occurs just now. I got a new coil cord for the Powerdrive 70 along with a manual that might help me determine the run time with the 110 AH batteries. I've decided how to locate the batteries in two locations, but I'm undecided about how to handle the acid flooded starting battery as it seems that the motor doesn't charge the starting battery. Such is life and the best laid plans.

At my age, I'm not supposed to be engaging in projects, but . . . supposed to keep the eye on the ball - cowboy action shooting and striper fishing!

Thanks for your response,

Regards, Joy T Brew

1 - 3 of 3 Posts