Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I got a message from one in Iraq yesterday and this is part of what it said:

"I miss everyone. Hope to have leave some time (never). Whatever. This place
is stupid and this "war" is ridiculous."

·
Registered
774 Posts
Well, I got a message from one in Iraq yesterday and this is part of what it said:

"I miss everyone. Hope to have leave some time (never). Whatever. This place
is stupid and this "war" is ridiculous."
How old is the person who wrote this. Sounds like something a 13 year old would write. You sure it didn't come from the local middle school.

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
Well Frank, they can do it next month or two years from now. What's the difference? Only a couple thousand more dead troops, that's all Frank no worries.
OK lets leave immediately divy up the country 3 ways, Kurds, Shias, Sunnis. Do you honestly believe that Iran, & Syria arent going to be involved at some point. Or we can just let Hillary get elected and get the UN to come in which was supposed to have happened after the UNs 17th Resolution, NOT. Or we may have to go back and fight for the same piece of land twice. My feeling on this issue is to give the situation 6 months to see if the additional troops can stabilize Bagdad, if not then pull them out. Hopefully the trained Iraqis can handle all of their securiity by then. Id maintain an air base outside Bagad for at least the short term. Its certain the later will happen, even if Congress cuts off all funds, it would take 6 mo to remove the troops.

·
Registered
11,849 Posts
OK lets leave immediately divy up the country 3 ways, Kurds, Shias, Sunnis. Do you honestly believe that Iran, & Syria arent going to be involved at some point. Or we can just let Hillary get elected and get the UN to come in which was supposed to have happened after the UNs 17th Resolution, NOT. Or we may have to go back and fight for the same piece of land twice. My feeling on this issue is to give the situation 6 months to see if the additional troops can stabilize Bagdad, if not then pull them out. Hopefully the trained Iraqis can handle all of their securiity by then. Id maintain an air base outside Bagad for at least the short term. Its certain the later will happen, even if Congress cuts off all funds, it would take 6 mo to remove the troops.
Hell, Frank we didn't have to fight for it the first time. You are hopeless. Why can't you see that any further training or guns that we give them now will only be used against us in the future. It is not a matter of if but when.

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
Hell, Frank we didn't have to fight for it the first time. You are hopeless. Why can't you see that any further training or guns that we give them now will only be used against us in the future. It is not a matter of if but when.
OK when do you want us to leave, tomorrow, 1 mo. 6 mo, 1 year? You havent said anything, but knock me for what Ive said. Its called a pig in the poke.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Leaving sounds like a great idea.....might work better than the current one. "fight for the same piece of land twice"?????.....Wouldn't it be three times?

How about we stay the hell home and secure our own country? Let them divy it up 6 ways if they want.

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
OK suppose Iran moves in militarily and takes over the oil fields with the Shias, now what da ya got. There's no question not one bit that if Iran moves next door, Israel takes out Irans nukes with posibly limited nukes. This puppy will get going in a big way, which actually may not be a bad thing.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
OK suppose Iran moves in militarily and takes over the oil fields with the Shias, now what da ya got. There's no question not one bit that if Iran moves next door, Israel takes out Irans nukes with posibly limited nukes. This puppy will get going in a big way, which actually may not be a bad thing.
OK........so let's go the hell home and secure our own country.

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
BC Now your talking but the 64K question is who's going to do it. The repubs are pathetic and the Dems are worse. Everyone laughs at Tancredo, now you got new Gov O'Malley who never met an illegal alien he didnt like. The Dems will use the war to divert attention from the illegal alien debackle and nothing will get done. It should be the #1 issue in 08 but it wont.

·
Registered
11,849 Posts
BC Now your talking but the 64K question is who's going to do it. The repubs are pathetic and the Dems are worse. Everyone laughs at Tancredo, now you got new Gov O'Malley who never met an illegal alien he didnt like. The Dems will use the war to divert attention from the illegal alien debackle and nothing will get done. It should be the #1 issue in 08 but it wont.
So now you agree that we should pull out now? I doubt it. Who ever this is, I do not think Frank would appreciate you posting in his name.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Careful there linmar, you don't want Frank and Fritzer to accuse you of calling the troops stupid.
I merely pointed this out b/c the original quote was put up to make some point :confused: or elicit a response (troll) apparently. My point is that I don't think it even sounds like something a "troop" would write. I'm not talking about grammar either, the wording sounds juvenile. Heck my 5 year old calls things he doesn't like stupid, I would think an 18 plus year old could come up with something better. Maybe it is out of context?

As for Frank and Fritz, I don't have a problem with them defending our troops from cheap shots.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.