Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
He saw you if he clucked. Then he did his disappearing at 100 mph tuck his head and run trick right? I only know because I have been there, the cluck is a loud one, single cluck, backed up with hauling outta the county.

Feeshon [grin]

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I rock!
1,056 Posts
If its sunny and you dont have a matte finished barrell .....very shinny.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
he didnt run surprisingly but he did go a good hundred yards and then started to gobble his head off again so we tryed again but couldnt get him in range but he gobbled right up until the point we left.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
I'm new at turkey hunting but sometimes you can change locations, a hunred yds or even less somtimes and get them to move in again. Good luck.

moe

·
Registered
165 Posts
as long as your gun has a matte finish it won't spook the bird. And you don't need any of that new high tech camo either. I have had dozens of birds within a few feet of me that never knew I was there. I hunt in my good ol BDU pants with an old matte finished 870.

·
Registered
125 Posts
first saturday of season i killed one at 8 yds in a wide open road i have a shiny barrel 11-87 premier i have killed many turkeys within 20 yards with the same gun they pay no mind to it as far as i can tell

just be still and have your gun up before he comes into sight

milo

1 - 11 of 11 Posts