Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going on a family reunion trip in June to Charleston and have a HUGE houseon the beach. I am going to get a family tourney going and would love to know what is USUALLY running in June down that way, never been. Thanks in advance!!!![excited]

·
Registered
705 Posts
If your trying to find out whats biting around charleston go to www.charlestonfishing.com. You'll find out by reading reports. That time of year take a cast net catch some live bait carolina rig or surf rig with piramid and you should do pretty good, redfish is a good bet. Good luck, R/ Chip

·
Registered
3,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah surf fishing is our most likely angle .......Thanks for the link.....Now I have to learn how to throw a cast net....LOL[grin]

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm a Charleston boy myself--ironic that I just tuned into this board. Recommend you contact two of my favorite sources: CAPT JR Waits (www.fishcall.com) and The Charleston Angler (www.thecharlestonangler.com). You'll probably find reds, maybe the occasional sheepshead and shark. In the summer you can also get some Pompano action--there was a great article in the Feb/Mar Shallow Water Angler edition. Not sure which side of the city you'll be on, but try Breech Inlet on the Isle of Palms during the first/last stages of the incoming/outgoing tide with live fidlers or cut bait.

I'm a little bias, but Charleston offers some of the best fishing on the east coast. I'm heading down in May to hit the first tailing reds--let me know how it went. [grin]

·
Registered
133 Posts
Dang, this board is amazing sometimes. I logged on to see where I might start for a search on Charleston area fishing and there's a fresh thread on that exact topic . . . spoookkkky.

In any case, I'll follow the advice already given and check those other sources. My one question: will the redfish option be available through mid-July; which is when I'm enroute for a business meeting and might tack on an extra day or two if fishing is good. Likewise, any opportunities for a land-locked flyfishermen down there or is charter the only way to go?

Thanks in advance and apologies for jumping in on another's thread --- although it's still the same topic at least [grin]

·
Premium Member
4,460 Posts
hope this board heats up for you all down here.
it is a great resource.
i posted back on the 19th & got only 1 reply & no fishing info.
went searching for info while in Charleston and hit the Charleston Angler, too.
i let them know that i was looking for a place the wife & i could fish while in town for a family funeral.
i found them to be less than cooperative on information.
either they didn't know or wouldn't tell.
i got more info from my non-fishing nephew than they would give up[sad]
i left there went to K-Mart got my rigs.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Sorry that the boys at the Angler didn't get you going. They've brought in some summer help--I was down a couple of weeks ago and found the same. [sad] Next trip check out www.charlestonfishing.com. Info is OK--mostly weekend warriors like me.

For anyone interested, I just moved to the Durham area. During our move, I brought the boat down to Charleston and fished the Wando river for two days. Weather was awesome, and we landed several nice trout. [grin] Only one red for the trip, but it weighed in at 6-1/2 on the grip--not bad...

Capt. Rick, see we are gaining speed on the board--hope more catch on. I've heard a lot about you, but never booked a trip. Have anything going for the tailing tides late this summer?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.