Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The only VA fish I have eaten so far is striper. I am trying to figure some of the better fish to go after. In Florida(where I am from) I would say #1 would hands down be snook with grouper a very close 2nd.

·
Registered
285 Posts
My opinion: wahoo, dolphin, longfin tuna, swordfish, mako, yellowfin tuna, bluefin tuna, tog/seabass (I can't tell the difference when fried or baked), rockfish, spot

Stuart

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Never had seabass so i couldnt say. I didnt mention offshore species thats a whole different table. For that one Id have to go tilefish, mahi, then tuna. And i can't catch a tog to save my life yet so I couldnt rank them if I wanted to

·
Registered
111 Posts
Tautog cakes. Boil the meat and mix with a little biscuit mix, onion and other secret stuff. Make a cake and throw it on a hot pan and brown both sides. I think it beats a crab cake hands down. Flounder and sea bass are close second. I wonder what a hot ditch speckled trout cake would taste like?:hysterical::eek2:

·
Registered
316 Posts
blackened tautog is my favorite then blackened mahi. and dangerous, i have to agree with you also on spanish macks being very good also. i also like to fry them like a chicken strip with house of autry chicken batter and its very good

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Tautog cakes. Boil the meat and mix with a little biscuit mix, onion and other secret stuff. Make a cake and throw it on a hot pan and brown both sides. I think it beats a crab cake hands down. Flounder and sea bass are close second. I wonder what a hot ditch speckled trout cake would taste like?:hysterical:
Same basic recipe for the trout, and taste better than the others that you have listed [to mild]in my opinion.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Three 3/4pound Spot baked at 350 for 20 minutes.
Small, under a pound FRESH today fileted and skinned BLUEFISH, Fried.
Triggerfish,Tog, Sheephead,Flounder, all good in that order.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Cobia on the grill in some cajun blackening powder.... one of the best eating fish Ive caught and definitely one of the most fun fish to go after, even the females in my family who hate fish loved it.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.