Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think my line is a little too short and I will lengthen it this year. What do you guys suggest for the lengths? I will be running a pair of 600 foot lines this year if that matters. Thanks.

·
Tidal Fish Commerical Lite Subscriber - My busines
5,154 Posts
For any waters less than 15' deep I use at least 25' from anchor to float and 25' from float to chain. Chain is 18" long and connected to baited line. Reverse at other end. The most important thing is a good holding anchor.

A supplemental line lengthener can be carried on board for unusually deep conditions. It is a 10' to 15' length of line with loops at each end to add to the section from float to anchor if needed.

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
For any waters less than 15' deep I use at least 25' from anchor to float and 25' from float to chain. Chain is 18" long and connected to baited line. Reverse at other end. The most important thing is a good holding anchor.

A supplemental line lengthener can be carried on board for unusually deep conditions. It is a 10' to 15' length of line with loops at each end to add to the section from float to anchor if needed.
Silly I never thought of the SUPPLEMENTAL line!! Love it. That will be this years NEW addition to my gear.

Capt. Ted

·
Tidal Fish Commerical Lite Subscriber - My busines
5,154 Posts
I also carry on board 2' & 3' lengths of line with loops at each end that are used to lengthen the trot/snood line when it needs it (due to rising tide causing main line to tighten) in the center rather than readjust the anchor. All sections of my lines are 600' with snap clips at each end which makes adding line lengtheners quick, easy.and efficient.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I run 100 ft on each side of the baited line. Always gives enough to crab deep (20 ft) and is never a problem in shallow water. I let the float move freely on a brass clamp. It usually settles around the middle, so I have about 50 ft to the weight and 50 to the baited line. It might sound like too much but I rarely have trouble and don't normally need to adjust the line.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts