Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday fishing at Bluefish Rock we caught this thing. It's mouth, eyes, stomach, and fins resemble a "Blow toad" (Puffer fish) but it's back is completely different.

No matter what I do I can't keep the photo from rotating upside down when uploaded to TF.

Attachments

·
Registered
282 Posts
Definitely a smooth puffer. Caught 3 of them on my boat while flounder fishing off Cape Charles during the last 2 weeks. They are edible, but, from what I have seen and read, you must be VERY careful when cleaning them, as the gall bladder can release neurotoxins into the meat. We did not keep any of the ones we caught, but I was curious to try cleaning at least one of them in the manner described in this video. Would also be interested to know if anyone on the board has eaten one.

Bill S.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Wes and all others that replied. I now know that it is a smooth Puffer. It appears that I need a refresher on posting photos on TF. I first tried with photobucket but couldn't get that to work as TF went directly to my computer's photo library instead and no matter what I did the photo reversed itself.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts