Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Depends, where. When I used to do that sort of thing, it was $75 for the first hour and then, $50-75 for additinal hrs depending on the item, equipment needed, area. Ask Skip, he's more up to speed on the current rates.

·
Registered
221 Posts
go get yourself a big weight treble hook and try traging it around first maybe u get lucky and snag the line..

I don't think it would still be in the exact same place u lost it due to current...

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
How much is the rod/reel? Is it worth the trouble and expense--and risk--of having someone raise it? Also, that reel will probably need a lot of work and parts after sitting in salt water. Doesn't seem to add up as being worth it.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well it was new last year, Shimano reel TLD 25 $180.00 the Bass Pro roller tip rod $70.00 total $250 + a load of 40# power pro. coordinates N38 52.616 by West 076 23.550 Gum thickets.

·
Premium Member
26,271 Posts
To hire a recovery diver would be very expensive - well more then the rod / reel. The visibilty in the upper bay is next to zero and it could take hours for a diver to bump into it.

I retrieve snagged or lost anchors ( and wedding rings ) for TFers as a favor. Most guys push a few dollars my way but I do it more for fun / adventure.

Since you have the numbers - try this. Rig a weighted jug line about 5 feet more then depth of water. Drop the marker - then try drifts around it with 1-2 weighted treble hooks - 5/0 size. Use a lot of weight on the trebles so they are more / less straight up / down.

Work out about 100 feet circle from the jug.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts