Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of getting back into kayak fishing after a few years off. I'm doing my on line home work and found a Native Watercraft boat that is electric powered. They also have a pedal powered version. You can buy the boat with both pedal and electric and they easily interchange. I'm into the fishing and don't give a *&^$^(*(% about kayaking except to get me to the fish, although I do really enjoy the tranquility. Does anyone have any experience with this brand, particularly these models? :helpsmilie: Thanks.

ps. I will use it in the local reservoirs and back bays in OC, Md and Fenwick De.

·
Registered
207 Posts
i have the regular ultimate 12 and love it. i bought mine because i wanted something lighter and smaller than my wilderness systems tarpon 140. the native ultimate is light, stable, paddles, handles and tracks great. rigging it up for fishing has been great too.

i don't have any experience with the motorized or pedal versions but the native company seems great.

·
Premium Member
773 Posts
That kayak is called the multi-sport, I have the pedal 14.5 and really like it. Fished with two Hobie Revolutions today and kept rigth up with them. I have tried the electric propel unit in my 14.5, pretty cool ran it hard all day and still had battery power to spare. The electric system runs about $2000.

·
Premium Member
773 Posts
Do they self bail? How do you get the water out if you take a wave over the bow?
They ultimates are are flat water boats, there is a SOT in the works (Mariner) for the open water crowd.

I have yet to get swamp in mine, but it has a bow spray skirt and I carry a pump just in case.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts