Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a rem 1100 magnum. I want to replace the 32 mod to a much shorter barrel. I use this gun as a deer gun but do not like the long barrel. Would it be cheaper to buy a new barrel or can the 32 be cut down and a choke system be installed. Thanks

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Go for the new barrel keep the 32 for ducks and geese. As said ebay a good thought also try gunbroker.com. Another possibility call "Jim" at Reddings Hardware in Gettysburg PA, great pricing and he'll ship it right to your door.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I would go with the new barrel. I also like the short ones. I shoot a Browning B80 with a 22" barrel and a 870 Wingmaster with a 21" barrel and they both kill just fine. I shoot buckshot out of both with great success, I shoot Winchester 2 3/4" 000 only.

DEAN #3

·
Registered
43 Posts
If you are lookin for the cheapest option, look on ebay, I got a 28 in mod choke (not rem choke) for my LT 20 1100 and paid $64.00, I had lost some that went up over a hundred, set a limit and watch ebay the last minute is when to bid, ebay or gunbroker.com are going to be your best and cheapest route. my 2cents

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
All a longer barrel does is allow the shot more time to beat against each other and become flat sided resulting in a poorer pattern. I have a 21" barrel on my 870 that has had the forcing cone worked on a little and has a custon buckshot choke that will put all 8 000 buckshot pellets in a 24" circle at 70 yards every time.

DEAN

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.