Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay well its time for me to winterize for the year and this is really my first year fishing off my boat, when and what will be the next thing to move in the spring ?

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, only put 3 rocks over legal size on the boat this year im going to go bananas this winter waiting for something to break loose in the spring. I know that yo ucan go to the beach and catch cows but i hear it is really rough out there

·
Registered
65 Posts
i'm not giving up until the season is over. you might see me out there xmas day. it beats sitting at home...if anyone hgas any good reports of fish, let me know.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Ditto what Ken said - haven't given up hope yet.

I'm commuting from the mountains - so if there is anything being caught, please let us know!

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Last week last year was good if I remember right. Nothing saying you cant play a little catch and release after the season closes also. You can catch cats up in the Rappahanock during the winter. If you feel like going for saltwater you can go togging. There are plenty of choices. I plan on trying more of the early year fishing oppertunities this coming year.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Fished Sunday off Smith Point light & boated 13 fish, 5 in the slot the rest were overs. Went back today & got 4 more, lost 1 on the way in. All of these fish were healthy & overs from 34 to 39. I'd say there is plenty of fishing still to be had but you will work for it.

·
Registered
94 Posts
kahunna i will probably have room the next 2 weekends leaving broad creek if you want to fish the rest of the season send me a pm if your jonesin to catch one:bigfish:

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
kahunna i will probably have room the next 2 weekends leaving broad creek if you want to fish the rest of the season send me a pm if your jonesin to catch one:bigfish:
I appreciate the offer capt ron but this weekend im pulling my boat back up to Woodbridge ( so i dont have to pay personal propoerty tax )
then after to NC for x-mas. good luck and tight lines for that 50":thumbup:

·
Registered
68 Posts
We were catching big croaker in the Wicomico (middle Potomac) by the 1st of April
of this year. Hopefully they will be here that early in 2009. More fun than rockfish.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
big croaker can really pull, especially on light tackle, will be nice to be able not pull in 20 oz. weights

1 - 13 of 13 Posts