Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm fishing yesterday and I see this on my fishfinder
Lowrance1.jpg
Decided to drop some panfish assassins to the bottom to see what this might be - 12' deep but I can't seem to get the lures to the bottom. I keep having to get the white perch off my hooks before dropping again. One of the guys with me had a little better luck fishing with bloodworms. He actually made it to the bottom and got this
whiskers.jpg
So I am looking at white perch with some catfish (This one tipped the boga grip at just over 6#) on the bottom.

SPOT BURNING:
The location is Man-O-War Shoal - and I am mentioning this specifically because this is the largest undisturbed hard shell bottom location in the northern bay and the only east-west oriented drop-off of which I am aware in the entire Chesapeake. Recently Maryland DNR has resubmitted to the U.S. Army Corp of Engineers a revised and more aggressive permit to dredge Man-O-War to obtain massive quantities of old oyster shell. Simply stated this is a terrible idea (P-mail me if you need more specifics) not to mention also being a wasteful expenditure of public funds in a (misguided) effort to support a private enterprise (a small segment of commercial oystermen in southern Maryland). DNR will have to post a notice to solicit public comment on the dredge proposal and it will be extremely important for everyone who has any reservations whatsoever about this matter to voice their concerns and disapproval to the DNR at that time.
http://www.capitalgazette.com/sports/sailing_boating/ph-ac-cs-outdoors-72615-20150725-story.html
In the meantime, good fishing to all - Oh, the cow nose rays were out in force yesterday. Thankfully they seem to prefer natural bait over plastic - but one of them kept a crew member quite busy for quite a while yesterday, disrupting our perchfest. But it was worth it to see Doug sweat so much in the heat.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Sounds like a fun day perching Dave. Take it easy on Doug, he's almost as old as you! ; ) And yes, it's a terrible idea to dredge; leave MOW shoal alone!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts